c - drama

i had been arguing with my friends a lot and it was getting really overwhelming. i shared a room with my boyfriend chris, and he knew how stressed i was. every night before bed i would text our groupchat and they would start an argument over anything. they always came for me for no reason i and i never did anything wrong. i was so upset tonight because i texted them "goodnight love y'all" and they somehow started an argument over that. i was on the verge of tears while texting them, and chris was laying next to me. he had his hand resting on my thigh while watching tiktok and he looked over and noticed me tearing up. he turned off his phone and turned on his side, concerned.
"hey baby, are you okay?" he asked. i was scared that if i talked i'd break down, so i simply nodded and turned my phone off, sighing deeply and putting my hands over my face.
"hey.. tell me what's wrong love" he said, grabbing my hand closest to him from my face and interlocked our fingers. i looked at him and couldn't stop the tear that ran down my cheek. he wasted no time using his thumb to wipe it away, leaving his hand on my face. i leaned into his touch, closing my eyes.
"you don't wanna talk about it?" he asked, moving my hair out of my face with his other hand and tucking it behind my ear. i shook my head no, and he nodded.
"wanna lay down?" he asked, and i nodded. he laid down on his back, putting his arms around me. i cuddled up to his side, burying my head in the crook of his neck and relaxing in his arms. he played with my hair, softly scratching my scalp how he knew i liked it.
"i love you" he whispered, kissing my head gently.
"i love you too" i whispered back, before drifting to sleep in the comfort of his presence.