m - promise ring (requested)

a/n
a little heads up before i start this story, i see all of your comments, but for some reason it doesn't let me reply to them. i'm so sorry but thank you for the support and thank you for the requests!! hope you enjoy :)
_______________________________

me and matt had been dating for around 2 years now, and today was our anniversary. we had a dinner planned for later tonight and i was in nicks room getting ready.
"AHH! i don't know if i should dress casual, or formal. what do i do!!" i exclaimed, nervous.
"calm down y/n! let me look" he said, walking over to my closet. he looked around and gasped, pulling an old dress that i had for years in my closet.
"this. is. perfect!!" he said, holding it up to my body.
"are you sure? i've had that since like freshman year" i said, grabbing it from him. he nodded, so i went to try it on.

REFERENCE PHOTO

(you can change it if you don't like it)

i looked in the mirror and smiled. it's perfect.
"thank you nick, i love it!!" i said, hugging him.

i put on my shoes, and walked downstairs. i saw matt sitting at the island, and when he heard me he turned around and a smile creeped on his face. he stood up and walked over to me, snaking his hands around my waist and pulling me in for a soft kiss.
"you look gorgeous, y/n" he said, smiling. i thanked him and hugged him quickly. we both said bye to chris and nick and headed out. he drove us to a fancy dinner place, and we walked inside.
"reservation for matthew sturniolo, please?" he said to the front lady. she showed us to our table and sat us down. she asked if she could get us any drinks and we both got a water.
once she walked away i smiled at matt across the table.
"it's perfect matt.. thank you so much." i said, looking around.
"of course love, happy anniversary" he replied, smiling at me. i smiled and said it back, and the waitress brought us our waters. we thanked her and looked at the menus deciding on what to eat, when matt announced that he had something for me.
"matt you didn't have to get me anything" i said, looking at him and smiling.
"of course i did" he said, smiling back and going in his pocket. he pulled out a beautiful ring. i stared at it in awe.
"it's a promise ring. we are obviously too young to get married, but it's a way of signifying that i am committed to you, and to our relationship." he said, smiling softly at me. i looked up at him and smiled.
"matt.. i love you. thank you so much." i said, as he took my hand and slid the ring on my finger. i pulled my hand back to look at it.
"it's beautiful.." i said, running my finger over it. he smiled at me, and giggled a bit.

i love this boy so much, and i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.