m - argument (requested)

matt and i had been dating for around a year now. i haven't been introduced to the fans yet, with a pretty solid reasoning behind it. as y'all know the sturniolo triplets have some fangirls that are a bit.. i don't wanna say crazy but that's the only word that comes to mind. i've seen madi and alahna and many of their female friends get sent death threats, imagine one of their girlfriends? it'd be terrible, and i'm not ready for that yet. but matt insists on it, he hates not telling his fans big things in his life. i understand that, but i don't wanna risk my mental health and we've been doing so good without them knowing just yet.

"baby.. i've been thinking, and, i really wanna introduce you to our fans. i understand you are scared but our one year was a week ago! we can't hide it forever." he said, sitting next to me on his bed.
"i really don't think i'm ready for that yet, matt. i'm sorry but i don't wanna get death threats in my dms every day." i replied.
"i can talk to them, they'll understand. it's coming from me, i really think they'll like you. i mean what's not to like?" he pleaded.
"i'm sorry but i don't feel comfortable with it." i said flatly, looking down at my hands.
"why not? i mean do you think we can hide it forever? our fanbase is only getting larger." he said.
"i understand that, and we will tell them just not right now." i said as nicely as i could. he stayed silent for a second, before speaking up.
"whatever." he said, getting up and exiting the room. i jumped when he slightly slammed the door, obviously aggravated. i don't get why he's mad .. i haven't done anything wrong. i just don't want my insta dms to be flooded with hateful things. there's nothing wrong with that.

i sighed and laid down, closing my eyes and just wanting to sleep. a while later after tossing and turning, i heard a light knock on the door.
"come in" i said, and nick walked in and shut the door behind him.
"hey, do you know what's up with matt? he seems off but won't tell me or chris why." he said, walking over to me and sitting down on the bed.
"he is insisting that y'all introduce me to the fans since we've been dating for a year, but i'm just really not ready for that yet. i mean my dms would be flooded with hateful comments about myself, death threats, and god knows what else. he doesn't understand that, he thinks he can just stop them" i said. nick sat for a moment silently, thinking.
"i'll be right back" he said, jumping up and walking out of the room. i was confused, but laid back and ignored it. i heard quiet bickering coming from the living room, and assumed nick was getting onto matt. i pressed my ear onto the door of matt's bedroom to listen.
"nick i don't get it! don't you think we can convince the fans to like her?" matt argued.
"of course not idiot! they're gonna hate on her no matter what we say. they pay no mind to her feelings, and we can both agree it's shitty! you have no right to be mad at y/n, she's doing this for her own mental health and you need to apologize to her." nick stated, before i heard his footsteps walking upstairs. i quickly hopped back on the bed, pretending to be asleep. i didn't wanna face matt right now, even if he was apologizing. i heard the door open and shut, followed by light footsteps coming towards the bed. he laid under the covers next to me, i'm assuming on his side to face me. i felt his hand tuck my hair behind my ear, before just placing it on my face, moving his thumb across my cheek lightly. i pretended to had just woken up, and opened my eyes to see matt looking back at me. i placed my hand on top of his.
"y/n.. i'm sorry for snapping at you. nick talked some sense into me and you're right. it isn't fair to you and we can wait as long as you want to. i'll always be here with you no matter what." he apologized, not breaking eye contact.
"thank you matt.. it means a lot. i promise we'll tell them as soon as im ready. i love you" i said.
"i love you too, baby" he replied, before kissing me lightly.