m - left out

i was with matt and we were laying in our shared bed. i had been on facetime with a few of my friends on a group call, and matt was watching tiktok next to me. i had my back to him laying on my side, and he had his back to me laying on his. i hadn't noticed that 2 hours had gone by until i saw that it was 10pm. i said goodnight to my friends and yawned, setting my phone on my nightstand and turning in bed to see matt's back facing me, still hearing tiktok coming from his phone. i tapped on his back two times, with no reply. i did it once more, and he sighed deeply and shut off his phone, adjusting his pillow and im assuming shutting his eyes, though i couldn't see his face.
"babe?" i said quietly, to which he didn't respond.
"are you okay?" i asked, placing my hand on his shoulder. he nodded, still not saying anything.
"look at mee" i said, softly shaking his shoulder. he wouldn't budge. i sighed, confused. i tried to think of any way i could have upset him, and started to get anxious.
"are you mad at me?" i said, picking at the skin on the sides of my fingers, my other hand still placed on his shoulder. he took a deep breath, and placed his hand on mine.
"no, i'm not mad." he said softly, still not turning around. he sniffled and i sat up, looking over at him with the dim purple led's lighting up the room just enough for me to be able to see his face slightly.
i noticed dried tears on his cheeks, running down the side of his face since he was laying sideways.
"baby.. are you okay? what's wrong?" i said, gently moving his hair out of his eyes. he brought his arm up and used the sleeve of his hoodie to wipe his face, embarrassed.
"hey.. it's okay. can you tell me what's wrong?" i asked, and he turned and laid on his back.
"nothing wrong" he said, looking at me and grabbing my hand, interlocking our fingers. i rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb, knowing something was up.
"love.. you can talk to me" i said, and he looked back up at the ceiling.
"well, as soon as i got home from filming you were on the phone and i wanted to spend some time together since i have to get up early tomorrow and can't stay up super late, but you never got off the phone. i didn't wanna say anything because it sounds selfish" he said, slowly and softly. i felt immediate guilt. he was right, i hadn't payed any mind to him. i felt bad, and pulled him into a tight hug. he wasted no time hugging me back, wrapping his arms around my torso and placing his head on my shoulder.
"i'm sorry. i lost track of time baby, i promise as soon as you're done with your photo shoot tomorrow we can spend all day together. we can watch our favorite moves and bake, whatever you wanna do. it's your day, okay?" i said in a reassuring tone, trying to make it up to him. i felt him smile against my shoulder, which caused a reaction making me smile.
"can't wait, baby" he said, kissing my cheek. i ran my fingers through his soft brown hair, gently scratching his scalp. it must've felt nice because in a minute or two, he was out cold. i stayed up for another 10-15 minutes planning out our day tomorrow, and fell asleep with a goofy smile on my face.