c - angry

chris had been pretty upset lately due to stress. he had been having a hard time with keeping up with social media and youtube and everything was just causing him to lash out. he would get angry over the smallest things and i never took it to heart because i knew he was upset. but today he kinda took it too far.

chris just got home from filming and i was patiently waiting in our shared room for him to get back. soon enough i heard the door swing open, and looked up to see a very stressed looking chris looking back at me.
"baby.. are you okay?" i said, concerned. he hummed in response and walked to the bathroom and locked himself in. i didn't hear the shower start or anything so i assumed he was just chilling out in there. after 5 minutes he was still in there so i knocked lightly on the door.
"love..?" i said. no response.
"chris.. is everything alright?" i asked, waiting for a reply. eventually he spoke up.
"what do you want, y/n!" he yelled, unlocking and swinging the door open. he made eye contact with me and he looked angry. his eyes were also filled with tears.
"baby.. you can talk to me." i said, placing my hand gently on his face. he moved away from my touch. i was a little hurt by his actions, but knew he was just stressed out.
"chris.. please tell me what's wrong." i said.
"just fucking drop it, im fine!" he said, slamming the door in my face. when he did that my hand was slightly in the way of the doorframe, so it ended up slamming my fingers in the door. i pulled my hand back quickly.
"ow, fuck!" i yelled, rubbing my hand. it was turning a purple color. once he had realized what he did he swung the door open.
"shit baby, are you okay? i'm so sorry" he said, grabbing my hand and examining it. i only nodded in response, still in shock about what just happened. he pulled me into a tight hug, and dug his head into my shoulder. i held him tightly, slightly swaying back and forth. that's something i did when i was trying to calm chris down, and it usually worked pretty well. i felt a dampness on my shoulder, and realized he was crying.
"baby.. it's okay it doesn't hurt anymore." i said, rubbing his back gently.
"b-but i hurt you.." he said in between shaky breaths.
"it was an accident love, it's okay.." i reassured him, now running my fingers through his hair. he slowly started relaxing into my arms.
"i- i just had a bad day. i'm sorry for being r-rude to you" he said, pulling away from the hug and wiping his tears with his sleeve. i placed my hand gently on his face and also wiped away his tears with my thumb.
"i know baby. it's okay." i said, and he leaned into my touch. i leaned up and softly kissed him, to which he returned immediately. he then grabbed my hand and lead me to the bathroom. he instructed me to sit on the counter, so i did. he moved my finger gently.
"does this hurt?" he asked, and i shook my head no. he then moved it a different way.
"how about this?" he asked, and i shook my head once again.
"okay so it's not broken.. you should probably ice it though. let me go get some" he said, quickly exiting the room. a few minutes later he came back with an ice pack and a thin rag wrapped around it so it wasn't too cold. he stood in between my legs where i was sitting, and gently placed it on my hand.
"thank you love" i said, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him. he snaked his arms around my waist gently, hugging me back.
"of course, and i'm sorry again." he said, pulling away and kissing my forehead. i smiled and slid off the counter, and we walked back to the bedroom. we laid gently on the bed and he wrapped his arms around my waist, gently pulling me to lay on top of him. i laid in between his legs, with my head resting on his chest. he wrapped his arms around me and began gently scratching my scalp, and running his fingers through my hair.
"i love you" he said softly.
"i love you too" i replied, cuddling closer to him and drifting to sleep.