m - school dance (requested)

"cmon matt we're gonna be late!!" i yelled to matt who was still upstairs.
we had a school dance to go to, and i was NOT being late and waiting in a long line. and before you start tripping, me and matt are going as FRIENDS. that's all. me and the triplets have been friends for around 6 years now, and i have no regrets. they're the best people i've ever met and i wouldn't replace them for the world. nick and chris have dates to the dance and me and matt didn't so we are going as friends, that's all.
"okay, okay, let's go" matt said, walking down the stairs. i followed him to the car and we began on our way to the dance.

once we got there we met up with chris and nick and we all hung out and had a great time. it was really fun and i'm glad we had spent so much time together. we all danced, ate the food they had, played some of the games, and overall had a great time. as we were dancing to the up beat music, a slow song came on. chris and his date began slow dancing, and so did nick and his date. me and matt awkwardly looked at each other.
"slow dance?" matt asked jokingly, putting his hand out. i laughed and took his offer, and we began to slow dance. he put his hands on my waist, and i rested my arms on his shoulders. i felt slight butterflies in my stomach, but i brushed it off. i don't like matt, he's my best friend. we continued dancing, not breaking the strong eye contact we had going. i smiled at him and he smiled back. usually this would be embarrassing or awkward, but with matt it felt.. easy. like it was meant to happen or something. i wasn't nervous, i felt comfortable.
..but why?

matt's pov

y/n looked so pretty tonight. ..as friends of course. i readjusted my hands on her waist, and she seemed to get a little nervous. it was cute. 
what am i thinking .. we're just friends. i don't like
y/n.
but for some odd reason, as we were dancing i started to feel differently. like .. in a weird way. i had always thought of her like a sister, a really close friend i could trust with anything. but that was fading. i couldn't believe my own thoughts.
do i like her?
i can't like her. it'd ruin everything. i got so overwhelmed with my thoughts i didnt realize y/n trying to talk to me.
"matt?" she said, which was definitely not the first time. who knows how long she'd been trying to get my attention.
"sorry, yeah?" i said, snapping out of it.
"are you alright?" she asked.
"yeah .. i just- im sorry" i said, removing my arms from her and running off, outside the gym doors and into the cold night. i sat on the steps outside, sighing. what have i done.

y/n pov

matt ran off. did i do something? i don't understand. i chased after him, outside the gym doors. it was freezing outside. i shivered and sat next to him on the step.
"matt.. is everything okay?" i asked, concerned.
"yeah.. i'm sorry" he said, looking away from me and straight ahead.
"don't be sorry.. what's on your mind?" i asked, not taking my eyes off his. he looked at me, looking upset.
"i just.. i realized something while we were dancing." he said, sounding scared to let it out.
"what was it?" i asked.
"i.. i don't think of you like just a friend y/n. i did, but when we danced.. it was like i saw you through another set of eyes. you looked- .. look, so beautiful. i couldn't take my eyes off you, y/n." he said, not taking his eyes off mine. i stayed silent for a second. he looked away and dropped his head down.
"i'm sorry, i-"
i cut him off by lifting his head and placing a soft kiss on his lips. once we disconnected, i spoke.

"matt.. i really like you too." i said. he slowly formed a smile.
i leaned my head on his shoulder, still shivering. he removed his jacket and placed it on me, covering me up. i looked up and smiled at him. i couldn't ask for better. i'm so glad we realized our feelings, otherwise this would've never happened. and i'm more than grateful that it did.