m - dog

i had a family dog that we loved very much named lucy. she was kind of my emotional support dog, and i'd do anything for her. she's my best friend, and idk what id do without her. my boyfriend matt knows how special she is to me, and he takes good care of lucy when he's over. i trust him with everything.

it had been a week and lucy was sick. i was worried sick about her, she would barely eat anything. we took her to the vet and they told us to keep close eye on her and take her in if anything happened. i was on the phone with matt and my mom barged in my room.
"y/n, lucy isn't waking up!" she yelled, running out of my room with me following close behind her. i hung up the phone after my mom said that, and ran to the living room. i saw lucy laying limp on the couch. my mom called the vet and we took her there quickly. when we got there the vet told us the bad news.
"lucy.. she passed away. im so sorry." they said. my heart dropped. i was in shock. i just stood there, tears stinging my eyes violently. i shook my head and ran outside. i didn't know where i was going, but i just ran. eventually i made it to matt's house. he had texted me non stop, but of course i didn't answer. i knocked on the door, and matt opened it. he saw the state i was in, and immediately knew. he pulled me in and hugged me tightly. i sobbed into his chest, my arms wrapped around his torso tightly. he swayed us back and forth, rubbing my back lightly.
"y/n.. i'm so sorry" he said, kissing the top of my head. we stayed there for a couple more minutes, and then he picked me up with my legs wrapped around his waist, and i dug my head into the crook of his neck. he carried me upstairs to his room, and laid us down. he laid me on top of him, and i wrapped my arms around him, and kept my head buried in his neck. he wrapped his arms around me and lightly scratched my scalp in an attempt to calm me down.
"i love you" he said, kissing the top of my head once more.
"i- i love you too.." i mumbled sleepily.
"get some rest, love" he said, running his fingers through my hair. i nodded and closed my eyes, almost immediately falling into a peaceful sleep.

a/n

OHMYGOD thank you guys SO MUCH for 8k reads!!! that's insane!
please drop some requests and i'll get to them asap!! love you all <33