c - cant sleep (requested)

me and chris were dating for 2 years. key word , were. we got in a huge fight and broke up about a week ago. we haven't spoken since. i'm absolutely broken. i miss him so much it's unreal, but we need time off. it's gonna be hard, but i'm gonna try to power through it.

it was around 11pm and i wasn't even a little tired. i have a huge test in algebra tomorrow and i cannot fail it. i studied all night last night and all day after school today. i'm so worried, i need sleep. i wont pass this test on no sleep, i know it.

it was now midnight and i was still restless, pretty tired but unable to go to sleep if i wanted to. usually when this happened, i'd call chris and he'd come over, or we'd sleep on the phone. obviously that's not an option right now. i stood up and groaned, grabbing my sleeping pills off my dresser and getting two of them. i'm only supposed to take one usually, but i knew one wouldn't do anything. i grabbed my water off my nightstand and swallowed the pills, laying back down and attempting to close my eyes and sleep. after about 5 minutes i opened my eyes and just accepted it.

i was getting closer to just calling chris, but everytime i was about to click on his contact, i stopped myself remembering last week. the argument was bad. he thought i had cheated on him because one of his fans posted a fake picture of me and my ex from forever ago. i tried explaining, but he didn't even wanna listen to me. he made me pack all my stuff and leave, and now i'm at my moms place. i actually hadn't slept the past two nights, but i really needed to sleep tonight. the sleeping pills still hadn't kicked in and it was around 1:30am. finally i grew some balls and picked up my phone, clicking on chris' contact. before i could stop myself i clicked call, and waited. it was about to go to voicemail before he picked up.
"hello?" he said in his tired groany voice. i could tell he had just woken up.
"sorry.. did i wake you?" i asked, feeling guilty that i had only been thinking of myself.
"it's okay, i fell asleep like 10 minutes ago. what's up?" he asked, sounding a little concerned.
"look chris, i understand you're upset with me. if i were in your position i probably would be too. but i really need you to trust me right now." i said, holding my breath waiting for a reply.
"i know, y/n. it's just a lot right now. is this why you called?" he asked.
"not exactly.." i replied, scared to tell him the real reason.
"well.. what's up?" he said, sounding like he was moving in bed. i think he sat up.
"i have a huge test tomorrow in algebra and i can't sleep whatsoever. i know you're pissed and probably don't wanna hear from me, but usually when i couldn't sleep back then i'd call you. i understand if you wanna hang up and go to sleep, but it was worth a try." i explained, worried for his response. after a minute or two, but what felt like an eternity, he replied.
"one second, i'll text you when i'm there alright?" he said, and he hung up.
what?
no way he was coming here. it's raining outside and he wouldn't walk this far just to help me sleep, i mean come on. he's probably just going back to sleep. i laid down and sighed.
after about five minutes, i saw a text from chris pop up on my screen.
"open the door, it's cold out here" he said.
i immediately jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, opening the front door. i saw him standing there, shivering and dripping wet from the rain. i rushed him inside and closed the door, locking it.
"jeez chris are you crazy?! it's raining you didn't have to walk over here." i said, to which he didn't reply. he just looked down at me with a soft look in his eyes. i sighed, looking down. he lifted my face up by my chin. and i slammed him into a tight hug. my eyes teared up a bit, but i ignored it. god, i've missed him so much. he hugged me back, swaying back and forth a bit.
after we pulled away he took of his jacket and put it on the coat rack, and i lead him upstairs to my room. he took off his shoes and i gave him one of his hoodies and some of his sweats to wear that i had borrowed from him. he changed in my bathroom and came back out, walking over to me. he laid down in bed next to me, laying on his side and facing me, to which i was doing the same. he moved my hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear, and left his hand placed on my face.
"chris..-" i started, before he shushed me.
"you don't have to explain anything, y/n. i know. i shouldn't have believed them. i love you so much y/n, i'm so sorry." he said, which caused my eyes to tear up.
"i love you too chris." i replied, scooting closer to him and digging my face into his chest. he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly, slightly playing with my hair. i fell asleep in no time. i'm so glad to have him back, and hopefully i pass my test tomorrow.