Prologue

Author's pov

Upon a time, there was endless war between Rulers of the Light and Monarchs of the Darkness.

They fought for many centuries due of the their cruel tyrant God who made them fight.

They decided to overthrow their cruel God and made alliance with King of Dead, Ashborn who was betrayed by his fellow Monarchs.

Then many years later, a young man who was known as the Weakest E-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and his maternal cousin, Park Jisoo were chosen as the successors of Ashborn and the new Shadow Monarchs who they fought endless many enemies and the Monarchs.

They won the battle but....they lost many good people.

"Sung Jin-Woo and Park Jisoo....Will you use the Cup of Reincarnation?" An angelic beings soon asked to the young Shadow Who looked at them.

The male Shadow Monarch, Sung Jin-Woo soon nod before looking at his cousin, Park Jisoo give him a jaded look.

"Well, yeah. I want a better life for my family and those who lost their lives...A better life without recalling what happened and forcing to be hunters" he soon said which the Rulers nod before giving the Cup of Reincarnation to him.

"Jin-Woo...Are you sure about it?" Jisoo asked to him while looking at him with her purple eyes due of being absorbed with the powers of the Shadow Monarch more than Jin-Woo.

Since they fought that dungeon and revived as the Players, Jisoo used to have black hair and gray eyes but after getting the System, her eyes became purple and hair has purple accents.

It affected her more than Jin-Woo.

"Yeah, I am. Jin-Ah and others don't have to suffer more because of those monsters, even we can get back Dad and Jin-Ho. Besides, the Shadows will be alright...I mean Ashborn will take care of them since he's is the original Shadow Monarch" he soon said which Jisoo looks at Shadows who was celebrating the victory of their Monarchs.

Jisoo sighs before looks at her cousin.

"Alright, bring back Uncle Il-Hwan and Jin-Ho along with everyone else..." She said with a small smile which Jin-Woo nodded before the Ruler soon gain his wish as light appear in front of that shine so bright which both Jin-Woo and Jisoo cover their eyes.

'I guess this goodbye....Igris, Beru, Iron, Tunk, Tusk, Kaisel, Jima, Greed and Bellion.... It was fun...' Jisoo thought before she opens eyes and seeing that she was still with the Rulers whole Jin-Woo gone.

'What the hell?' she thought.

"What happened? Where is Jin-Woo? Why I am still here?"

"Because you weren't ready to say your farewell" Jisoo soon turn around and seeing her predecessor and the King of Dead, Ashborn.

Jisoo soon widen her purple eyes that she had a small mole under her left eye and look at the legendary King of Dead.

"Ashborn?" She uttered in pure shocked by seeing Ashborn woke up from his eternal slumber and standing in front of the young woman known as Park Jisoo.

"Park Jisoo, you didn't go with your cousin, Sung Jin-Woo to the new world that used the Cup of Reincarnation to reviving his allies and family because your heart wasn't able to leave the Shadow Soldiers along with your body that end up becoming something similar to mine" Ashborn explained which Jisoo was shocked by that revelation and knowing from the bottom of her heart.

She wasn't fully prepared to leave the Shadows since she grew fond of them and care of them.

They were part of her and also kinda of family to her.