Chapter 2

1 Year Later

"Y/N, sorry for your loss"

"I wish you the best"

"God will be with you"

The words of family members and friends, all giving their sympathy to you. But no matter how many times people told you that they would be there for you, it didn't help at all.

The rain was harsh, as it was crying as well. The brown casket in front of you was mocking you, like it was telling you she wasn't coming back. The flowers that decorated her casket as she was being lowered into the ground were the only thing that was pretty, shining, happy. 

Today was a grim day for the people of the Johnson family, many around you cried and others were only in a state of shock, but me, I didn't know how to feel right now. You were sad, angry, confused, and numb.

People cried because their, cousin, friend, daughter, niece, Diamond Johnson, had passed away. She got into a fight with some robber and he ended up shooting her, she died in the hospital. But that wasn't the only thing, once he shot her, he wanted to have a little fun. He did un-imaginable things to her and she could only cry.

You remember seeing your mother on the hospital bed, she could barely talk. All she said was that she hated to leave you alone in this cruel world and she hoped your father would do his best to take care of you and do what she could not.

You were only 15, how could you take care of yourself? How could you live without the love of your mother? How would you keep yourself afloat, how would you be able to be physically and mentally stable without her?

Well those questions were answered. When there's a mother, there is a father. Your father is taking you back to Russia, the deal was to send you with him when you were 18, but because of this sad death you were going early.

You turned away from the lowered casket, and ignored the singing of the woman. You grab your umbrella and put it up. You walked to the silver car that was waiting, but someone stopped you before you could leave.

You turn around to see Baki and Yujiro standing, Yujiro had an annoyed look on his face while Baki was sad.

"Ah, hi there Baki" You say as you put down your umbrella and hug him, he hugs back and the two of us stay in each other's arms.

You broke the hug and looked at the boy, he was in a suit and had puffy eyes. He loved your mother like she was his, and it made it no better that his mother died a few months before your own. Two grieving kids.

"How are you Y/N?" Baki asked you, you sighed as you picked your umbrella back up and shielded yourself from the rain.

"I'm alright, how are you? I didn't get the chance to ask you, you know..." You said as you trailed off, Baki knew what you meant and said the same as you.

"Doing alright" Baki said to you, you nodded your head and looked at the tall man standing behind Baki.

"How are you Mr. Hanma?" You asked the man, he looked down at you before shrugging his shoulders. That was a weird reply to the question, you asked because his wife died, it was so sudden.

"Hm, how will you survive on your own Y/N? Mommy isn't around to help ya anymore" Yujiro asked you, you were frowning now. What the hell was his problem, he was always an asshole to everyone.

"Well about that, I'm leaving Japan today and going to Russia. My father will do what my mommy can't" You said to the man, Baki eyes looked at if they were gonna pop out. 

"What!? Leaving!" Baki said to you.

"Yes, I was going to tell you when I was 18 because that's when I was gonna originally leave, but now that my mom has passed, I'll have to leave sooner, I'm sorry I didn't tell you" You said to Baki, he was now crying once again. 

"Don't cry, I might not be able to visit but I'll call and send letters, alright?" You said to Baki, he wiped his tears and nodded.

"I can't believe you're leaving me." Baki said to you, you sighed and gave him a hug. You were starting to cry now, the two of you were the same, two friends who didn't want to leave each other.

Yujiro must have noticed your sad moment because he pulled Baki away from your embrace, you looked at the man with a pissed off look.

"Well I hope you enjoy your time in no where land" Yujiro said to you, referring to Russia as no where land. 

"Well I hope you enjoy time in seahorse land Yujiro" You say to him, he was smirking at your words. Before he could say more, a voice said your name.

"Y/N! WE HAVE TO GO!" You looked to see your father yell from the car, using his suit jacket as an umbrella.

"ALRIGHT" You yelled back to your father, he got back inside and you turned back to Baki. 

"Well this is goodbye, remember that I'll call you and send letters, you better send them back or I'll kill you!" You said to the boy, he nodded and you two hugged one last time before you walked away to the car.

You got inside the car after putting your umbrella down. You sat down on the seat and looked at the man sitting across from you. 

"You alright?" Your father asked you, you nodded your head and wiped any remaining tears.

"Well I'm glad to have you back with me Gem" Your father said as he reached over and grabbed at your squishy cheeks.

"Gem?" You said in a confusing manner, what did he mean by gem.?

"Your mother's name was Diamond, you look just like her, both of you are so beautiful, like gems." He said and you smiled.

The man whom you called father was 32 year old Leo Petrov, he was a business owner and was involved with some..shady things. This would be your first time seeing your father after 10 years. He couldn't come around because your mother was hostile with him.

The two were married when they were both 16 years old and a year later, Diamond was pregnant. When you turned three, she left him because he was cheating. Although you disliked the fact he was a low down cheater, he was still your father. But when you turned five, he came to Japan and gave you gifts for your birthday.

He clearly loved your mom dearly, he'd call and send letters. Every time he called he'd want to speak with your mother, she'd talk with him for a while before cussing him out, mainly cause he said something inappropriate.

Or when he sent you letters, he'd always ask to tell him about your mother. How was she doing or if she was seeing anyone. You remember the time she brought some guy over and you told your father, he called her and went off. He said he'd find the guy and kill him. 

"So what is Russia like?" You asked the man, he laughed and shook his head.

"Wait and see dear, but I'll describe it in one word, cold" Your father said to you. You laughed a little at what he said, you were sad because you were leaving your homeland and going to your motherland. You were also upset because Baki was probably gonna forget about you.

You probably couldn't get the chance to go back to Japan because of what your father has in store for you, he explained how he trains children like yourself. So because you'll most likely won't see Baki.

"Till next time, Baki" You said as you looked out the window. Thinking of your friend whom you've known for nearly ten years.

.

.

.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

PEACE!

~Q~