Chapter 26

~

"Olivia, I don't know why you think that I am a mean person, I'm nice" You said and the woman laughed .

"You're probably the meanest thing on this Earth" Oliva said as she finished off her drink.

"Oh fuck off you fucking corpse" You said and Olivia laughed once again.

"See that? How mean of you" Olivia said as she requested for another drink.

"Hey, don't you think you need to slow down on those?" You said and Olivia looked up with a smirk.

"Why?"

"You said you've been feeling sick, why make it worse with alcohol?" You said to the woman.

"Eh, alcohol is alcohol" Olivia said and you rolled your eyes, you looked over to the big yard, you watched the girl run around, chasing the beautiful butterflies in beautiful colors.

You came to visit your daughter again, she was playing out in the yard. It was a little more warm today so you thought you'd come over. 

It was a surprise Olivia, one of your old friends, came over. She knew of Alina because she assisted you during your pregnancy. You and Olivia were sitting near a table in the shade, you were drinking lemonade while Olivia was one her third glass of alcohol.

Olivia noticed you looking at Alina and turned to look at Alina as well. The both of you were smiling as you watched her play. 

"Cute girl" Olivia said and you had to agree, Alina was so adorable.

You watched the girl grab one of the butterflies and run over to the table, she opened her hand while holding one of it's wings.

"Look mama!" Alina said as she showed you the purple butterfly.

"Oh don't do that" You said as you moved her hand so the butterfly flew away, Alina watched the butterfly fly off and looked sad.

"Why?" She said and you could see the tears a mile away, her lip was trembling. You sighed and handed the girl your lemonade.

She took the cold drink and started to drink from the glass cup.

"Because, you were hurting it. Don't grab them" You said to the girl who placed down the drink and you grabbed her and placed her on your lap.

"Well how am I supposed to catch them?" Alina asked.

"Your finger, let them come to you and they'll rest on your finger" You said as you bopped her nose, she laughed and got off of your lap. She ran back to where the butterflies were.

"I wish Gila acted like that" Olivia said as she placed down her glass.

"Gila isn't the worst child, just has a lot of attitude" You said and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"The girl is terrible, I might just strangle her. Her mouth is what will make me whoop her ass" Olivia said and you laughed.

"The girl is 8, she doesn't need to be beaten yet. Give it about two years and then do it, you beat them when they start to think they are grown up" You said to Olivia.

"I guess, god I need a man to help me take care of that girl" Olivia said.

"No, I take care of my kid by myself" You said and Olivia scoffed.

"Yeah, the maids and your daddy's money took care of her" Olivia said and you glared at the woman.

"Fuck yo-" You were cut off by Alina who yelled.

"Mama! Help me catch them!" Alina said and you sighed before getting out of your seat.

"Yeah I'm coming!" You said to the girl and looked at Olivia who was drinking again, you knocked her drink out of her hand and let it fall on her legs.

"Bastard" Olivia said and you walked off Alina.

You took off your heels and placed them to the side, you and Alina chased after the butterflies. You finally caught one of them on your finger.

"Got one!" You said, Alina looked at the Yellow butterfly.

"Wow!" Alina said as she stared at the Butterfly.

"It is" You said, but the butterfly flew away as your phone rang. You grabbed your phone out of your back pocket and walked away from Alina so she couldn't hear.

"Hello?" You said.

"Captain, I got something" You Brass said on the other line of the phone.

"What?" You asked.

"I think I may have a suspect for your mother's murder" Brass said and you gasped.

"Well, wait, I'll be there soon" You said as you ended the call. You grabbed your heels and was going to run to your car. 

You stopped as you heard Alina's voice.

"Mama! Where are you going?" Alina asked, you stopped and turned around. You walked to the girl and gave her a kiss.

"I'll see you on Saturday, I gotta go baby. Love you" You said and gave Alina a quick hug before leaving the house.

~

You used your card to open the metal door, you walked into the room to see a boy with long pink hair typing on his computer. 

You stepped over the empty snack wrappers and empty soda cans. 

"What did you get?" You asked and Brass turned around to look at you.

"I'm so glad to see once again Captain" Brass said as he went in to hug you, you pushed him and looked at the computer.

"Just tell me what you got" You said and Brass turned around to show you.

"Okay, I always looked at the surveillance in the alley way where the crime took place but I couldn't see the man's face or so I thought. Now I checked the surveillance from the grocery store she went to. If I play it right here then you'll see someone follow her in" 

Brass said as he pulled up the surveillance. Your mother walked into the grocery store and then you noticed someone followed behind her a minute after she went in. The person was hooded with a mask.

"I got a glimpse of their hair when Diamond left the store fifteen minutes later, if I pause and zoom, then you'll see their face" Brass said as he paused the video on the person. The best you could see what blonde hair.

"Okay, blonde hair" You said.

"Now what I'm to tell you may be a little shocking but I need you to stay conscious" Brass said to you.

"Hit me with it" You said.

"The person has blonde hair in this video, but in the video in the alley, the person has red hair." Brass said.

"Two different people? Could have been a wig" You said.

"If it is, then it wouldn't make sense that they'd be the same person. The nails, the person in the first video has nails that are dirty and uneven. They probably bite their nails, while in the second video, the nails are much longer. They are a red color" Brass said as he handed you some pictures.

"I called Luna, she said that there were nail scratches on her body." He said as he handed you more.

"One of our killers..is a woman" You said.

"I want my mother's body out of the ground right the hell now" You said.

~

.

.

.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I once again thank you for all the reads and votes!💞

PEACE!

~Q~