Chapter 3

6 Years Later

~

"Did you hear about Falcon cheating on Tania?" Your friend of five years asked you, you gasped and shook your head no.

"What, didn't they just get married last week?" You asked the girl and she nodded. You covered your mouth and started laughing.

"That's not even the worst part, he cheated with three men, baby it was a whole orgy" You heard your friend say. The both of you burst out laughing. 

You two walked to the elevator and waited for it to open. Once the doors open, you both get  inside and press the ninth button. 

You and your best friend were going to meet your father, although it was a Sunday, he wanted to see you two for some reason. The girl beside you who was now on her phone was Valentine Volkov. The two of you have been friends for over six years now. 

Valentine and you were enemies for the first year you were here in Russia, she was jealous because she thought of your father as her own because she had known him much longer than you, but after a while the both of you were getting along.

The two of you stepped out of the elevator and walked to the office. On the way there you were stopped by Mikhali, your father's secretary. 

"Do you have an appointment?" He asked as he looked at the paper, it was a schedule. The both of you rolled your eyes at the annoying man.

"Kiss my ass" You said as you continued walking, but you noticed Valentine still at the desk making out with Mikhali. You sighed as you shouted for the blue haired girl to move her ass before you continued to the office.

"You take forever" You said to Valentine who finally caught up with you.

"He is my boyfriend, is it wrong to make out?" She asked. You both got to the door, before opening it, the playful smiles and laughs had to go. While in the office, you had to be serious. That applied to you as well, your father didn't like to be so playful while working.

You opened the doors. The room was dimly lit, the curtains were closed and nothing but the fireplace lit the room up. You closed the door behind you once Valentine walked in, you and Valentine walked up to the black desk. Waiting for your father who had his back turned to speak. 

"Valentine, Y/N" Your father said, the both of you looked at the man who finally turned around. He had a smile on his face, he was happy about something because it was unlikely he'd be smiling during work hours.

"I have a job for both of you, something that I think will not only give you more experience, but also help with your social skills" Your father said to the both of you, he said social skills because you and Valentine never talked with anyone or about anyone, anytime you were talking to or about someone you were usually trash talking.

"What is it?" Valentine asked and your father grabbed a file, he placed it on his desk and you grabbed the file. 

You opened it and pulled the papers out of the file. Your eyes scanned the papers and looked up at your father shocked.

"We really-" Before you could say anymore, you father cut you off.

"Yes, you two will go to America, I need you to retrieve someone for me. His name is Marco Fendi, he is an important client and friend of mine. He runs the Italian mafia and we make trades for weapons. He's gotten himself locked away in Arizona State Prison, you'll go as officers."  Your father said to you and Valentine, it was the first time you'd be leaving Asia for a job.

"Yes sir" 

"Oh and he knows that you'll be there. Your flight is on Tuesday." Your father said, he waved his hands in a dismissive way.