☩ Chapter Twenty Eight ☩

3rd Person POV:

"I'm gonna get killed by Kisaki?" Chifuyu repeated, looking at his feet. There was a pause, "Somehow, I always knew." Chifuyu murmured, as he looked at the duo.

Y/n tilted their head at Chifuyu's blunt words.

"Thinking about it, There's a lot that's off about you." Chifuyu looked at Takemichi, "Also, there have been times where you've looked different." He slightly smiled.

"Oh yeah." Y/n blinked, remembering something, "Before the Valhalla fight, Chifuyu and I heard you telling Keisuke not to die."

Takemichi's eyes widened slightly in surprise, "Huh? You guys heard that?" He gaped, "What else did you hear?"

"We didn't hear anything else since we were too far away, but we definitely heard that." Chifuyu hummed, "You knew Baji-san was going to die...That's why you were so desperate to prevent it."

Takemichi had an extremely guilty expression on his face, "Yeah...I knew, but I couldn't stop it. Even though I tried to save him..." He murmured.

"...You're actually pretty...cool." Y/n suddenly stated out from nowhere.

Takemichi's eyes widened in surprise and confusion, "...Huh?"

"You've been fighting all alone, with nobody praising you or giving you any credit." Y/n bluntly said, as Chifuyu began to vigorously nod.

"Be proud of yourself, Takemitchy. The results don't matter." Chifuyu let out a small smile as he spoke, "Nobody's watching, but you stood and fought without running. We respect you, dude."

Tears cascaded down his face; each drop a testament to the weight of his emotions.

"Do you both really believe in me?" Takemichi's voice wavered as he spoke, "And actually trust me?"

"Of course we do, dumbass!" Chifuyu grinned widely, "We're all partners, aren't we?"

Takemichi began to cry. Usually, Y/n hates crybabies, but they found Takemichi quite endearing and being the exception.

"Damn it! Both of you stop making me cry!!" Takemichi exclaimed, as he began to wipe his tears with his sleeves.

Y/n chuckled a little, "You must have giant tear glands." They grinned at the irony of their own statement.

"Shuddup! You making fun of me?!" Takemichi irked.

Chifuyu interrupted the duo, "Man, I'm starving!!" He loudly proclaimed.

"I'll pay for you, don't worry." Y/n grinned, appreciating the changing the subject.

"DON'T IGNORE ME??!" Takemichi yelled at the duo, who continued to talk about food.

●☩▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁☩●

Y/n had bought Chifuyu some noodles. They had offered to buy Takemichi something, but he shyly declined.

"Kisaki's really gonna be the one to kill you, huh?" Y/n tilted their head, glancing at Chifuyu.

Chifuyu offered Takemichi some noodles, "That future sure pisses me off!!" Chifuyu exclaimed in response.