☩ Chapter Thirty Nine ☩

3rd Person POV:

As Takemichi travelled back to the past, he called Naoto to come outside to a play park. Takemichi was quick to touch Naoto's hand, only for him to not time travel.

That proved it. the future Naoto and Takemichi were both dead.

Takemichi fell to his knees whilst crying, eventually telling Naoto to go home; which he quickly did.

Takemichi sat down at the bottom of a slide, keeping his head down. He heard footsteps in front of him, and assumed it was Naoto.

"You're still here, huh?" Takemichi didn't look up, "Just go home, man."

There was a pause, the person staying silent.

"Say, Naoto...Do you still remember that day I first met you?" Takemichi murmured, "Hina died. So I leapt through time. Me and you from the future worked together real hard to save your sister."

"But now, I can't go back to the future...because the you in the future, died." Takemichi had tears brimming his eyes, "What should I do now?"

'Naoto' still didn't speak.

"Can't help but ask you, huh?" Takemichi bitterly chuckled, "That's right! I just need to change the past, right? Then I can save Naoto and Hina, too."

"That's right, that's right! Woah." Takemichi began to poke his finger, "If I save you guys, then I can go back to the future."

"And then I will fail. I'll fail again." Takemichi gritted his teeth, "...That's it."

"Maybe, I should die."

'Naoto' then went down the slide, and bumped into Takemichi's back, catching him off guard, "Huh...?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I love you." Hina's voice said from behind him.

Recognising the voice instantly, Takemichi's eyes widened, "....Hina?"

"Yeah." Hina smiled slightly, her voice quiet.

"Eh? You've been listening?" Takemichi exclaimed in shock, realising that it was not Naoto listening to him this whole time..

"Yup. It seems you've mistaken me for Naoto." Hina sighed.

Takemichi then covered his mouth as his eyes dilated, quickly realising his mistake by talking out loud, "Holy shit..."

Hina tilted her head slightly, "...What's your real age, Takemichi-kun?"

"Uh...26..." Takemichi awkwardly answered, as Hina silently tried to process what she had heard.

"I didn't hear everything, so can you tell me one thing?" Hina asked with a small smile, "Takemichi from the future. Have you proposed to me yet?"

Takemichi's eyes widened, blushing a lot. "No, not yet." Takemichi murmured, "But...I-...Uh...I've thought a lot about getting married..."

"Hm?..And Propose...?" Hina sneakily asked with a grin.

"Yeah, that too." Takemichi was undeniably flustered.