☩ Chapter Forty Two ☩

3rd Person POV:

Emma's face roughly got hit by the bat before anyone could react.

"EMMA!!" Y/n yelled, as Emma's body slumped on the ground. Takemichi, who had not yet processed what had just happened, was shaking.

"Huh...? W-What happened?!" He stared at Emma's body, sweat dripping down his face, "E-Emma-chan...?" He meekly trembled, as blood surrounded Emma's skull.

Y/n immediately was by Emma's side, checking for a pulse, "Takemitchy...she has a faint pulse!!" They exclaimed, "Get Manjiro! Quickly!!"

Takemichi nodded, tears building in his eyes as he quickly ran to Mikey, "MIKEY-KUN!!" He screamed, as Mikey was quick to go over to see why he was yelling.

"...Emma?" Mikey's dull eyes looked at the bleeding Emma in Y/n's arms. His eyes were wide, slowly turning to a more whiter shade.

"I'm s-sorry, Mikey-kun...!!" Takemichi exclaimed as he quivered.

A single drop of sweat fell down Mikey's cheek, "What...happened?"

"A bike suddenly came and swung a bat at Emma..." Y/n stated, their eyebrows furrowed, "Let's hurry; before she loses too much blood!!" They scowled.

"...Huh?" Mikey was utterly shocked, Inui and Izana appearing from behind him and watching the scene.

Seeing the expression on Izana's face, Y/n instantly knew he was behind it. Izana only gave a blank stare, before walking away; nobody noticing due to Emma's condition.

"It was Kisaki..." Takemichi murmured, nervous about how Mikey would react to his sister's state.

Mikey ducked down, "Y/n...Place her on my back so we can get her to the hospital." He ordered, as Y/n instantly complied.

The group were quickly walking through the city to find the closest hospital; Inui quickly leaving as this did not involve him and it was not his place to be there.

"Don't worry, Emma." Mikey spoke in a soothing voice, "We'll be reaching the hospital soon..."

"Mikey...?" Emma murmured in a barely audible voice.

"Emma-chan!!?" Takemichi exclaimed in shock, jumping at her voice.

Emma hummed calmly, "Huh?...I can't...move my body..." Her body limply leaning on Mikey's back as he nervously listened to his sisters words.