☩ Chapter Twenty Seven ☩

3rd Person POV:

A young five year old Y/n was curled up in a ball on the ground. Their red hair looked like flames, contrasting the brown wooden floor.

They were sniffling and sobbing as their father, Enji, was repeatedly hitting them as a punishment.

"You useless brat!" Enji furiously yelled at the young child, "If I say you're gonna be the strongest, then you are gonna be the strongest!!"

Y/n flinched, "I-...I'm sorry! I promise to work harder!!" They pleaded.

Enji irked, seemingly getting even more angry, "All you ever say is sorry! Sorry means nothing to me!!"

Y/n's mother, Rei, watched from the sidelines; her face filled with utter disgust for Y/n, "Useless brat..." She muttered under her breath as she watched Y/n get beaten up.

After getting bored, Enji left Y/n on the ground; covered in their own blood and bruises littering their skin.

●☩▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁☩●

A nine year old version of Y/n then awakes, covered in cold sweat. They had their usual nightmare of being caught and brutally beaten by their family.

"I escaped that house ages ago..." Y/n inwardly tried to calm themself down, "I faked my death. They don't even know I'm alive..." A scowl adorned their scarred face.

Y/n had been in an orphanage for 2 years now after escaping their home. Their hair had already turned mostly white.

"Y/n, are you okay...?" A boy with white hair and purple eyes asked Y/n with a concerned expression, "You look...annoyed..."

"I'm fine...Izana." Y/n murmured, "I just had a...nightmare...about them."

Izana's eyes narrowed instantly. He knew about Y/n's past after threatening them to tell him after telling them about his.

His eyes went blank, "Oh...Want me to kill them for you?" He offered, tilting his head.

Y/n frowned, "Kill?...No way!"

"What? You scared??" Izana poked Y/n, making fun of them with a smirk.

Y/n shook their head, "No...I wanna kill them myself." Their eyes glowered, "I'm going to torture them all to death."

Izana's eyes widened a little in surprise; before an impressed look appeared on his face, "Really? That's so cool!!" He exclaimed, "Please let me help you~!! That sounds so fun!"

Y/n nodded proudly, "Yep! You can help!! But I'm doing most of it, okay?"

"Okay!!" Izana cheerfully smiled.

"Let's go see Kakucho!" Y/n declared, as the duo quickly ran off to their friend.

●☩▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁☩●

Only a few months later, with the help of Kakucho and Izana, Y/n decided to escape the orphanage; having enough of just sitting around and doing nothing.

The younger Y/n was simply living their life; planning their revenge whilst homeless.

However, another young boy, named Sanzu Haruchiyo, decided to help them one day.

He became Y/n's knight in shining armour.

Their saviour.

Their hope.

Their hero.

Sanzu let them live with him after the duo quickly became very close friends, both being quite...similar...in some sense.

●☩▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁☩●

Extra Headcannons/fun facts:

○ Y/n really liked cats, but just doesn't know how to interact with them.

○ Y/n canonically listens to Queen and Mitski.

○ Izana introduced Y/n to Queen's music.

○ Y/n is left-handed.

○ Y/n can barely cry, since their tear glands have been burnt a lot. However, they can cry blood.

TBC...