06 | Wicked Game

Laura's Pov:

"You accepted what? You do realize you're never gonna win right?"

I let out a sigh, ignoring Gema as I tried to find a movie to watch.

"Why would you do that?! Are you sure you can even work under that pressu-"

"Gema" I gritted my teeth, then glared at her at my side.

She was sitting at my side, practically talking my ear off about the aperant mistake I'd made.

I knew it wasn't the most smart thing to do, but what was done was done now. I wasn't backing down because I was scared.

"What if she wins?" Nadia questioned, from the other couch, as she placed her phone down on her lap.

"You both truly are complete opposites" I heard Nicolas' voice over me, and raised my head to see he was standing behind the couch, pointing between the girls.

And he was right- every single time I would ask either of them for advice, they'd have complete different opinions from each other.

You could call it balance, but honestly, it was more confusing than anything.

"Yes, I'm realistic, and she owns Hello Kitty sheets at the age of twenty eight" Gema looked up at Nick, sending him a smile.

"First of all, you're pessimistic, not realistic" Nadia rolled her eyes "And don't talk about Hello Kitty like that!"

I chuckled, still surfing through channels.

Why was there nothing interesting to watch??

Camille walked in the apartment after taking off her work outfit, dressed in pyjamas like the rest of us.

Immediately, she jumped on the couch next to me, between Gema and I, stealing the remote from my hand.

I groaned, but rested back, accepting my fate. I wasn't finding anything interesting to watch anyway.

I wasn't sure if I was even in the mood for a movie or show. Maybe cartoons?

"Cami!" Gema moaned.

She turned her head to her, raising an eyebrow.

"Will you tell Laura that her decision today was dumb? How did you even let her do that?" she spoke again.

I rolled my eyes.

Nick rested his elbows above my head, chuckling at my face expression.

"Well first of all I'm not her mom" she pointed out "Second, she doesn't really have anything to lose. Are you just whining because you're jealous?"

"Jealous?" she huffed.

I raised an eyebrow, and leaned my head forward to look at them.

"She gets to work with Mister Sexy- Brooding- Business Man and you don't" she shrugged.

"Don't call him that" I physically cringed.

"That cannot be further from the truth" she rolled her eyes, wrapping her blonde hair in a bun as she now stared past Cami, and at me "I love her but the man is the business world's bitch. How do you outdo that reputation?"

"Alright" I sighted, crossing my arms as I turned to her "Look, I know everyone expects him to win, and for good reason, but I'd rather stick around at my job and get some good pay for three months, than start looking immediately and get stuck in a low paying job because I need another job quick. This is good for my résumé too, and I can take my time looking for another job these three months. Plus, while I do that, I get to live my dreams a little. I've wanted to be manager for a while now" I explained.