28 | A Mean One

Ross' Pov

"Can you?"

"No"

"Can you?"

"Nope"

"Please"

"Fuck off"

She sighed, crossing her arms as she huffed "What harm would it do?"

"To my dignity?" I questioned, narrowing my eyebrows at her "A whole lot"

"Oh for fuck's sake" she rolled her eyes.

"You don't even know what I sound like" I tried to reason with her, as we stood there in the hallway, arguing like idiots.

"I don't need to! I'm sure you can sing. Is there anything you can't do? I'm just saying I'd be a surprising and entertaining scene if you got up there before the band" she crossed her arms, pouting.

Which was cute, but this was not the time for that.

"There's a lot of things I can't do in a professional environment" I admitted "Let it go, will you sweetheart?"

"No I won't" she frowned "sweetheart"

Her face was grumpy- yet she found a way to tease me still.

"Everyone would go crazy for you. It's a genius plan" she whined again.

"Everyone goes crazy for you" I pointed at her "You sing. I do not. Got it?"

"Lies!" she glared, pointing at me, before walking away.

I turn to walk the other direction, seeing Mercury there- amusement written on her face.

"See what you did?" I pointed at her, only to hear her giggle as I walked past her.

It only took the whole day for everyone to get their shit together. Somehow- even though they had several hours to do so- it still took everyone rushing at the last minute to be on a good time schedule.

It was stressful, so I just got out of there- to wait in the garage, leaning on my car.

Was it freezing cold? Yes.

Was it better than screaming kids and the smell of several perfumes mixed? Also, affirmative.

So I stood there, breathing in the cold air- seeing my breath resemble smoke in the cold.

Just when I was about to take out a cigarette, I noticed my brother walk into the garage.

"What are you doing in the cold crazy?" he questioned, approaching me.

"Is that what you're wearing?" I pointed at the patterned shirt underneath his jacket.

"This is as professional as you're gonna get me tonight. Suck it up" he pat my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes- I didn't give a shit.

I didn't give a shit about the party in general- I could agree it was beneficial to organize from a business standpoint, but.. personal motives? There was none.

Christmas Eve.

Tonight was Christmas Eve. After 12, Christmas would ring in officially.

But I'd lost the meaning behind holidays, a while ago.

Actually, I'd say I remembered the exact year.

Either way, we were taking two cars, so not long after the little family- that being Mer, Adam (her husband) and kids, all came out to occupy their car.