39 | Apart of me

Ross' Pov

"I have news on the girl chef" Ricky spoke up, the minute I answered his call.

"Tell me" I nodded.

Hadn't taken them long.

"She definitely has connections. She didn't show up out of nowhere" he confirmed "I gathered the guys and let them know- and Carlos figured she might have been paid by the Dead Eyes Gang."

My heart burned at the thought.

If that were true... they already knew about Laura.

"Anything to support that assumption?" I narrowed my eyebrows, as I locked the door to my condo.

"We called in a favour from the business owners Dead Eyes worked with- using your name." he explained.

I nodded at that, staring at myself in the mirror in the elevator, to see pretty much the same face staring back at me, same black pants and shirt, just the blazer switched out for a leather jacket.

Why did everything feel so repetitive?

I was tired- maybe a shell of a person

I was tired- maybe a shell of a person. When.. when would the mission end?

"They said they didn't know much about the situation, but they do know the girl they picked. Her name is Rebecca Monticello."

Now we had the name, and still, it didn't sound familiar.

"She indeed was paid a large sum, and apparently does bartending in the bars around here"

"Thanks Rick" I nodded "Good work. Now, I need you to visit as many local clubs as possible until you find her- no distractions. Don't fuck around for too long"

"You don't have to tell me twice chef" he sounded pleased "We may start with Louie's tonight"

"We're not going there" I immediately corrected him, as I walked into the parking lot to get my car.

"It's been long- that's our spot, you know that" he pleaded "I thought we'd had it with the owner. Anything you don't want us to see, chef?"

"If there was something I wouldn't want you to see I'd just gouge your eyes out" I opened the car door, slamming it shut behind me "No fucking around. Find the girl"

And so I turned off that call, as I started the car, taking a deep frustrated breath.

I couldn't have them there. I wouldn't know what the fuck to do first- I couldn't keep her safe as they watched.

I sighted, calling her up.

In a few rings, she picked up "Ross?"

"You ready for tonight angel?"

"Huh?" she sounded confused "Tonight?"
"Louie's bar" I confirmed "You ready to go?"

"Hm.. I only need to put on the dress and my boots, why?"