41 | My World

Laura's Pov

"You wanted to discuss something?" I questioned, settling in my chair as Ross sat beside me.

"Yes Miss Marano" Ada nodded.

She was head of our HR department- an older in age sort of woman. For how long I've known her we've had no issues, and I'd only spoken to her about minor things.

Always strict and to the point, a bit skinny wearing pointy glasses- she honestly looked more like a math teacher.

"We've never had major issues with this branch- especially after it was given to you, and so it was surprising to me to see how many problems we've been struggling with lately regarding work partner's relationships" she explained.

I crossed my legs, sitting back as I pressed my lips.

I could tell Ross had gotten immediately uncomfortable too, shifting in his seat.

"There was a report made to me about a video going around. Shall we take a look?" she questioned, before turning her lap top around, for Ross and I to see.

It was footage from a high angled security camera that faced the door that takes you outside of the building, where after the lobby empties out, Ross and I are seen speaking, then he leans in, and we hug, before exchanging a kiss.

A kiss I remember being quite emotional, after I'd first told him about the girl.

We were so focused on that scare, that it hadn't even crossed my mind that there was security cameras in every corner of this building.

I bit my lip, as I notice Ross place his elbow on the arm of his chair, resting his head on top of it and rubbing his chin.

I could only imagine what was going on through his head.

"That is you two, if I'm not mistaken?" Ada spoke up again, as Ross and I stayed silent.

She turned the lap top again, then sighted "You could see how the leaders of this brach- the very people who are running this business, engaging in this sort of behaviour could be an issue?"

I nodded slightly, but she wasn't done talking.

"We need professionals who can be serious about their duties- encouraging a strictly professional environment in the workspace is in the very vital rules of GG, so imagine my surprise" she raised an eyebrow.

"Get to the point Ada" Ross speaks out, and I look down- I guess he was finding this meeting more annoying than anything else.

"Right, ahm, Mr. Lynch" she cleared her throat, looking annoyed as well "There's a few ways we deal with these situations- however it's a bit different when applied to two branch managers as opposed to an employee- manager relationship, a romance between employees, etc. We have a few options here set for you."

As she seemed to look for something in the paperwork, she spoke up "First off, we move one the managers to a different branch to fill an empty role there."

My heart instantly dropped, but I didn't react.

"Second, we simply pick one of you and let go of the other, and my next would be to fire both and pick a long-time employee of ours to be head of this branch- however after further discussions we've figured you've both been beneficial to this company in more ways than one so that one has been crossed" she clarified.

Hallelujah.

I wanted to roll my eyes.

"Or" she raised her eyebrows, slapping the document in front of us "You both sign this."