35 | Aftermath

Laura's Pov

I reached out for my phone on the nightstand, glaring at the light coming in from the blinds "Hello?"

My voice was raspy, making me cringe.

As I rubbed my eyes, Nick yelled at the other end of the line "Laura! Quick! Cami's having the baby"

"Cami's what?!" I practically launched myself from my laying position, disturbing Ross' sleep.

He moved a little, but his arm was still on my thigh.

"Her water broke" Nick explained "We're driving her to the hospital right now and I'll send you the location okay?"

"Okay! Thank you" I replied, closing the call.

I practically flew out of bed, scrambling to find my clothes... then .. remembering I'd come in here last night in a fucking fancy dress.

I'd only slept in one of Ross' shirts. Couldn't figure out where my underwear went.

I sighed, picking the dress up from off the floor, before standing again, and noticing Ross was awake, looking at me in with a confused, sleepy face.

"Where are you going?" his deep voice greeted my ears "It's five am"

He was staring at his phone.

"Cami's having the baby!" I notified "Have you seen my underwear?"

"She is?" he looked surprised, then he lifted himself- looking around.

Once he lifted the sheets, he'd found them tangled in it, and threw them at me.

I caught them, hurrying to get dressed.

"I'll drive you there" he lifted himself off the bed.

We both hurried to get ready, and by the time we were inside his car- it was still dark outside, and I was breathless.

"I can't believe you wore that dress again" Ross spoke up as he drove "It's fucking sexy but I can't imagine it's comfortable at this hour"

"I had nothing else" I sighted.

"My clothes" he glaced at me.

"If I wear those I might as well introduce myself as Adam Sandler when I get there" I noted.

"So funny" he rolled his eyes.

I smiled a little.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do after last night's reveal, and honestly- I just wanted to concentrate on the happy news for now and forget about the depressing thoughts.

I'd ignored them last night too. I wasn't sure how- he had a way to draw me in, and me? Well, I just wanted to run away from making the logical decision.

Fuck.

"You excited?" Ross spoke up.

"Yes" I nodded "She's my best friend. I can't wait to meet her Daisy"

"Daisy?" he questioned.

"That's the baby's name they picked"

"Cute" he noted "And don't bother coming to work today. Stay with your friend. I've got it"

"Really?" I questioned.

He gave me a confirmed nod, which made me smile a bit.

That's where that conversation ended, as we didn't speak much, and in a few minutes, I was at the hospital.

"Thank you" I spoke up, before opening the door to the car.

He nodded.

I couldn't help but turn around to look at him just once more.