47 | His Smile

Ross's Pov

"Well how have you been doing honey? We haven't talked in so long."

I looked back at my mom on the other end of the screen, and she looked just as bright as ever, with a face of warmness and comfort.

I never realized how much I missed her, until I talked to her.

"I know. I'm sorry." I nodded, sighing "A lot.. happening."

"Good or bad?" she questioned.

I thought about that for a bit, before shrugging "Both"

"How so?"

I didn't know how to answer that, but as my sister entered the frame on face time, she interrupted our conversation "Ross! Hi! We've missed you."

"Miss you too Mer." I smiled "and the kids."

"Oh Guppy is excited to see you again. Keeps asking when you're coming back." she smiled, and my heart wrecked a bit at the words "And Nat had a period of time there where he wouldn't stop talking about Laura."

"Laura?" I questioned.

"He has a tiny crush. We're working on it." she sighed, making me laugh.

"Ah- I fear once you've gotten there you're screwed."

"Oh really?" she raised her eyebrows, and I could see the amusement behind that smirk loud and clear "You would know?"

I didn't reply to her- just leaned back on my chair, looking away from my phone that stood propped up on the kitchen island.

"How has she been doing by the way?" my mom speaks up "You guys still working together?"

"She's.. good." I fail to mention that she almost got killed because of me "She's here."

My mom's eyebrows furrow.

"Here?"

"Yeah." I nod- I was going to have to admit to this at some point "Upstairs. Placing her stuff in my closet."

"What?!" Mer screams, followed by a squeal of happiness"Oh my god how much did I miss?"

"I told you.. a lot has happened." I pressed my lips into a smile.

"Aw." my mom pouts "Is she moving in?"

I nod, as Mer claps her hands excitedly.

"She's had some scary run-ins because of me, which I hate to mention. I tried to push her away and when that didn't work.. well now I'm looking out for her safety right now" I explain, looking down "And I'm telling you this.. because even if I disappeared right now- I'd want my family to be hers. I'd want you to welcome her in."

"Well Ross that sounds lovely but.. what do you mean?" Mer narrowed her eyebrows.

"I mean that I would confidently love to call her my wife someday." I see my mom's eyes sparkle at the mention "She'd be a Lynch. She's also carrying a Lynch. She's family."

"What?" my mom and sister gasp immediately, and I can't help but get emotional at the mention.

"Is she..?" my mom trails off, and when I nod- I see them staring at each other, before joining hands and screaming and jumping up and down in happiness.

I wipe away a few tears, laughing.

"I can't believe this happened." my mom covers her face with her hands "Everything I wished for you...right in front of you. Every part of the happiness you deserve, with the most amazing woman. I'm amazed, and proud."