07 | The Cutie

Laura's Pov

"I'm freezing"

"I know"

Ah,. cold early autumn mornings.. don't we all just love them?

You get to wake up to an annoying alarm, only to stay in bed for an extra five... or ten minutes, because the bed is so cozy and warm, that just the thought of crispy cold air, gives you a chill.

You sit up and stare at the wall for another extra minute, wondering if it's even worth it anymore? Should I just cancel? What excuse can I come up with? Why do adults have to work? All the while also thinking about how nice it'll be when you finally hit that bed again that night.

You wait a few extra minutes for the water to warm up in the bathroom, still shaking from the cold even though you're in a sweater.

Once you touch the warm water,.. a part of your soul seeps back into you, as you keep your hands under the water.. suddenly feeling even more sleepy.

The getting ready process has to be quick, but at the same time, you're procrastinating your every move.

Once you get out of your house, you'll realize... fuck, it's raining.

And then you'll realize, damn it, it's windy as well.

We all go through a version of that each morning- I knew because each person I lived with expressed a different version of hatered for the day than the other.

Not one of my friends was a morning person.

However, I didn't mind waking up early as much, but this is also coming from someone who actually likes their job, which is a privilege.

I didn't mind a bit of rain or the storms and lighting either. I wasn't sure if it was because I was so used to it, as someone who'd lived in New York for a while now, or just because the moody weather had some way of making me feel safe.. oddly enough.

I tried to magnify the feeling, by throwing on a knitted sweater and pairing brown boots with my usual dress pants.

Cami and I went up to our floor as usual, except it was a bit different this time around

Cami and I went up to our floor as usual, except it was a bit different this time around. We had to part ways.

She acknowledged that, by giving me a pout when we reached the door.

"I can't believe you have to be in the office now. Do I have to tell reception to call in order to get inside and talk to you?" she thought out loud, then stared at me.

"You don't have to tell Gabby" I laughed a little "Just walk in. Ross is gonna have to deal with that"

"I have yet to have a conversation with that man. I feel nervous just thinking about it" she made a face, and I laughed, weaving her off.

Oh, she felt nervous?

After last night, I wasn't sure how to act around him anymore.

My brain had went over a thousand scenerios of what I would actually say if he brought it up.. or if my life outside of this job would cause some sort of issue, like I wasn't allowed to have two jobs, or maybe he just wouldn't see me seriously at all anymore.