48 | My Love Or My Life

Laura's Pov

By the time we were out of the doctor's appointment, we were still pretty shaken.

As I sat on the passenger seat, I could still see a few tears fall from his eyes.

My eyebrows narrowed.. oh, honey.

I reached out to wipe them off of his cheek, and he turned to look at me, before closing his eyes, and resting his head on my hand.

My heart melted, as I reached out to touch his face with my other hand, before kissing his lips.

His hand wrapped to the nape of my neck, pulling me in harder, and I reached out on his shoulder for support, as his lips pushed against mine, in a hungry, passionate way.

His hands on my skin made my shiver, as his mouth ravished my own. Soft, yet all- consuming. It made sense for him.

I felt his lips move from my own to kiss the rest of my face, down my neck- and as his hand layed on top of my belly, he stared at me.

Breathless, I looked back, unsure of what he was thinking.

Information I'd know a second later, when he bent down to kiss my belly.

I almost had another breakdown right there, at the gesture. As he lifted himself, his eyes locked with mine, before he pulled me in.

Somehow I managed to get on top of his lap, and he held me, as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Of all the things my hands have held" he whispered against my ear "the best by far is you."

I looked up at him, shaking my head, before kissing his lips again "I love you."

"I love you more than life tesoro." he smiled at me- an emotional smile at that "And I love the baby we created. I'd be so proud if they were just like you."

I smiled at that, snoring a bit "So controling and sassy?"

"Bright and confident" his reached out to put away a few strands of hair behind my ear "Elegant, beautiful, kind.."

My smile widened with every word, as his nose scrunched at the end "controlling and sassy too though."

I laughed, as he stared at me.

We fell in silence, as his hand remained on my cheek, "You look a lot like love. Like an old song that makes my heart ache."

I stared at him, in disbelief at the beautiful words coming out of his mouth. Surprised, yet amazed, I tried to hold onto the tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"I think you're making me crazy." I whisper, narrowing my eyes at him "Speaking like that."

He sighed, smiling at me softly "It's you.. tesoro."

"I don't wanna cry again." I laughed a little, as his fingers wiped away my tears.

"I know." he smiled "I like you laughing more anyway."

As I smiled at him, he nodded.

"Well darling, I have a commitment to work I need to get to.. but I'll just walk. It's not too far. You can take the car."

My eyebrows narrowed "Now? But it's late."

"Meeting I called last week." he shrugged lightly "Will you be okay going home alone just this once?"

I nodded.

"Good girl." he smiled, before kissing my forehead.

He put me down on the driver's seat, before getting out of the car.