10 | Office Gossip

Laura's Pov:

"Fuck you huh?"

Monday rolled around too quickly.

I'd met with Ross' face the second the elevator popped open and I walked into work.

He stood there, hands in pockets as he leaned against one of the employees empty chairs- an eyebrow raised.

And fuck, he looked good.

As always, of course

I noticed Camille turn to me, looking confused, with the corner of my eye.

"Have you waited to say that all weekend?" I furrowed my brows, feeling a bit suspicious that he still remembered our first, and really, last phone call.

He looked down at me in that intense stare of his, before shaking his head "You flatter yourself too much, Marano"

He totally was.

I raised an eyebrow, tilting my head just slightly, as my arms crossed, feeling amused.

Then, I noticed his eyes lower, and in a glace, I could tell he'd registered my look.

His eyes didn't leave me just yet, as they met mine instead.

I was suddenly aware of every part of myself, from the shoes, to the skirt and shirt, and my hair caught in a claw clip.

A rather smart smirk appeared on his lips, lighting me on my fire instantly.

I felt the air around us thicken- my neck, ears and cheeks felt hot- almost like there was a hot air fan behind me.

"This your friend?" he spoke up, shifting his eyes to her "Camille?"

"Yes boss" Camille replied in her french accent, and I looked back at her.

"So you have your favourites in the office?" he crossed his arms, staring at me "Shame. That goes against our policy of treating all our employees the same"