15 | Guilty

Ross' Pov:

"Mercer reported back selling 50 gram of heroine and 20 of LSD to our last client" Carlo spoke up at the other end of the phonecall.

"Not too shabby" I replied.

These people had no fucking clue who they sold that to.

"The money's gonna keep us a float for a while" he chuckled "Fuck, never mind that- we're all gonna be filthy rich if we keep shit going"

Or in prison.

"Keep your feet on the ground Carl" I rubbed the side of my face, as I layed down on the couch. That was a damn long ass shift in work.

He grumbled at that.

The shit-head hated the nickname, which made me prone to using it often.

Then, I heard him have a conversation with someone else I couldn't make out.

There seemed to be a couple of male voices, and I couldn't hear well what the hell they were saying- until they started yelling.

"Boss!" Carlo's voice was heard in the phone, this time with a sense of urgency "They fucking found the warehouse"

"Police?" my eyebrows narrowed, as I sat up immediately.

"No, Dead Eyes!"

"Fuck" I hissed- my hand instinctively running through my hair "How many?"

"One boss" he answered.

"Do we have him?"

"Yes, Ricky and Joseph caught his snitching ass before he could make it out. Now what the fuck do we do with him?" he questioned.

A deep sigh escaped my throat.

Great- fucking great.

"Keep him. Don't let him escape"

"Done deal. Do we threaten information out of him boss?" Carlo questioned.

"No- no threatening unless he tries to escape. I'll drive over to the base and offer up a deal" I cleared my throat, now fucking stressed.

"Whatever you say boss. He's chained. Don't think he's going anywhere for a while" he chuckled then.

God these people were sick.

"One hour" I reported the time I'd be there, before closing the call.

Still exhausted from work, I moved around- throwing on a jacket, and putting on my leather gloves, before placing the gun I had in my safe- inside the bag.

Now set, I locked the door to the apartment before making the six pm drive.

I guess Louie's wouldn't be seeing us tonight.

Laura's Pov:

It was Saturday.

Aka one of my days off that I was endlessly grateful for. Even more blessed, was the fact that I had the same off days in both jobs, so that meant the weekend was for me.

That morning I made myself some throat coat tea to soften my vocal chords after the strain I'd put them through last night.

I'd done an extra hour. I practically came back home like a zombie.

Then again, when wasn't I a zombie?

Actually, I bet that if it wasn't for this lifestyle- I'd be the most energetic person around.

Either way, after my tea I ate a few fruits, then made some pancakes for breakfast.

They were pretty good.