11 | Phone Number

Ross' Pov:

"Good morning boss"

My eyes lifted slowly, noticing the elongated shape and curves that dress gave her, before they met with hers.

She was standing in front of the desk, hands behind her back, and a nervous look in her eyes

A huff escaped my throat, as I sat back.

"You're calling me boss now?"

It was surprising, but I couldn't act as if I didn't enjoy it leaving her lips.

Very cute.

"Are you not?" she pressed her lips- a bit of humour in her eyes.

"Hm" I raised an eyebrow "Are you not as well, boss?"

That sentence made her smile grow, and I stared at her.

I wasn't sure why I replied with that- or why I ever thought to remind her of her authority. Usually, I'd only give that power to myself.

Confusion fogged my brain, as her chuckle greeted my ears.

Her face had lit up, at that one sentence.. and it felt, weirdly good, to know it was because of me.

"I was trying to be nice" she hummed.

"That'd be a first"

Her smile fell.

"Shut up" she pointed.

Yeah that's more familiar - this one I could work around.

"Listen up boss" she teased again, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

It sounded so sultry when she said it- I wasn't sure if she was doing it on purpose, or perhaps, I was misjudging the situation.

"Now" she sighed "Um.. I don't want to intrude in your private life. That's not what I'm about"

Oh shit.

Was she gonna start asking questions?

"..like-you-did-with-mine" she coughed out quickly, amusingly enough "but-"

"Get to the point Marano" I crossed my arms.

She was taking her sweet time, and I had a hunch that it was because some part of her didn't even want to say it.

A look of hesitation covered her face, which was intriguing enough on its own.

I didn't need more time, to fantasize and come up with exactly what she wanted from me, as this was unlike her.

Well, unlike who she was around me at least.

I'd never had her of all people, approach in such a way.

"Let me take a second to say good bye to my pride" she sent me a sarcastic smile.

I smirked back.

Yeah, okay- this can't be too bad.