40 | Trouble

Laura's Pov

"Where are you?"

I took a deep, cold breath, just watching the windshields wipe off drops of rain, holding the phone to my ear.

Despite having Ross' large leather jacket covering my naked shoulders, that had a warm coat on the inside, I was still shaking.

I was afraid- it wasn't because I was cold.

"Ross' car" I replied.

I heard Gema let out a sigh of relief, before speaking up again "Are you okay?"

Physically? Yes.

Mentally? I wasn't sure I was even here.

"I'm okay" I sighed "Are you guys alright?"

"Yes" she replied "Ross has hired guards for us"

My eyebrows raised "Huh?"

"Yeah- after he made everyone leave and talked a bit to Larry, he pointed us to a car that would take us home-" she took a deep breath "There's two men in the front that explained that they'll be guarding our apartment. Ross said we're not in danger- he's mainly worried about you, but he's doing this anyway just to make sure everyone's safe in the apartment."

"Oh" I nodded, pressing my lips "Okay, good. Are you guys home yet?"

"We're getting close to the street" she explained "Really, are you okay? You don't sound well"

"I'll be fine" I looked down at my lap- where I'd placed my bracelet.

"Are you coming home tonight?" she questioned.

"I don't know" I sighted "I- I don't care"

"Stay safe" she whispered "I love you"

"I love you too" I replied, before she ended the call.

I set my phone down- touching the bracelet in my lap instead.

A lot had happened.

I saw Devon again, after such a long time. I didn't think I'd see his devil face again.

The fact that he was in the gang wasn't the surprising part- he'd always been a violent person. Hey, maybe I had a type?

What surprised me was finding him that close to Ross. Out of every path of crime or mafia that he could choose - he became part of Ross' Gang.

The red circle association.

What did that even stand for?

The girl's name, who I knew was Rebecca- I learned she'd followed me for a while, before she made herself shown.

My bracelet had loosened and fell on the sidewalk- she was screaming it was her right to take it, that she deserved it.

She went absolutely violent, and pulled out a knife on me, but she didn't get me- Ross stepped in and handled her, and she accidentally cut his arms not once, twice, but three times.

Then she fell to the ground, crying, and they restrained her.

There was something severely wrong with her. She needed help- mental, physical help. A normal person wouldn't act like that.

After that incident, Ross asked for her to be put away, but held onto for now, so they dragged her away, and he threw the jacket over me, walking me to his car, and locking the doors, before going back to the bar.

I saw people go in and out for a few minutes, and finally- after about thirty minutes, he was walking to the car- alone.

He walked around, getting in the driver's seat, and automatically locking the doors again.