13 | Stolen Cigarette

Laura's Pov

"I felt her kicking for the first time last night. I can't believe it. I was staring to think it would never happen" Camille pouted.

"I'm so happy for you love" I smiled at her "It's nice to see you enjoying this even though it's so hard"

"She's a tough cookie" Nick spoke up and Camille and I turned around to look at him.

"When'd you get here?" she questioned.

"Few seconds ago" he grins "What's for dinner?"

"Whatever you want to make by yourself" she raised an eyebrow at him.

"Mean" he huffed.

"We're making my mom's italian pasta. She just sent me the recepie" I rolled my eyes "I guess we can do a whole dinner for all of us"

Nick hadn't been the first to walk into the kitchen, see all the ingredients out and ask what's for dinner.

Apperantly, a lot of people wanted pasta tonight.

That or they were just extremely lazy to make something else for themselves.

"That's a lot of sauce" Camille rolled her eyes, and I snorted at that.

"Back on that same topic" I pointed at Camille "Can we see your belly? I'm curious"

"Duh" she rolled her eyes at me, before lifiting her shirt up.

It turned out that sweater had been hiding quite the bump underneath. I hadn't realized how much she'd grown since the last time I saw it.

"Damn" I smiled at her.

"I know" she caressed her belly "Going on four months now"

"Are you excited to be an uncle?" I teased Nick, and he chuckled "Are you excited to be an auntie?"

I giggled at that.

Then, Camille gasped "Holy shit. She moved again! Feel!!"

I touched her stomach then, and Nick hurried to do the same.

And, we both felt her move again.

"Ouh" Nick pulled his hand away, making a disgusted face "That's weird as fuck"

"It is" I laughed at his face, then pulling my hand away "It's insane"

My brain could never fully wrap around pregnancy and how crazy a woman's body was.

It was so beautiful. I saw Camille change every day- hormones, looks, pain, and in all of it, she was still gorgeous.

I was very excited to see her little daughter. She was as settled as she could, with two loving parents.

But it did catch up to me at some point.. how I was twenty seven and nowhere near that.

At this point, it wasn't even societal pressure making me anxious.. it was my own desires.

Because I knew I wanted that- the little cute family, and I was nowhere near that becoming a reality.

It was difficult.. and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered.

Was Gema right? Should I stop crying over what was broken, and start new? It would be the first step towards it.. right?

"You okay?" Camille touched my shoulder.

I looked up, now just noticing I'd zoned out while looking at the floor.

"Yeah" I pressed my lips, turning around to read the recepie again, and start on the sauce.