45 | Stained

NOTE :

this chapter starts out with a song, which is available to listen as a reel on @titledtesoro • Instagram (not available on youtube). please take the time to listen for a better reading experience.

thank you!

Ross' Pov

I braced myself for whatever she'd do. I was never too certain, and I sure as hell didn't know now.

Now that she'd kept me away.

From the way that her dark eyes shifted, or her stance, I could tell she was up to no good. My black swan.

The slightest movement of that dress exposed so much of her thigh- I was ready to jump.

My eyes were glued to her movements, her face, her hair- so I couldn't possibly miss, when she leaned on the mike, as the music started.

One.. hauntingly beautiful tune played. It went on for a while, putting me in a sort of trance.

Her sweet voice, took me right out.

"You were the one, the one that I could run to" she closed her eyes "You were the one, the one, that I would beg for, no"

She removed the mike from the stand, walking away from it - her hips moving slowly "And you were the one that made me believe that I could be better"

I took a deep breath, hoping those lyrics weren't for me. Hoping she hadn't thought I'd bettered her in any way.

Clearly, she could shine brighter without. I wouldn't dare dim her light, but mistakenly.. I had.

"Yeah, you were the one
The one that I would run to" she caressed her hair, and I could see her stare at the crowd of desperate men in front of her.

"Now I'm stained by you" the music suddenly hit stronger, as her affect ungolfed the room "Like a coffee ring upon this table, I'm unstable, I am stained by you"

By her sexy movements and her traces of all the places of her body I'd been once touching, I could tell she'd had a drink or two before.

"Like a goddamn soldier that just
Can't forget the battle i am stained by you" her eyebrows narrowed, as she looked down, as a hand reached out to touch her leg.

One she ignored, walking away from the guy.

"Like a coffee ring upon this table
I'm unstable, I am stained by you"
By you, by you, oh oh"

Her voice soft as velvet as her eyes roamed the room, and they went everywhere.. but me.

The message was unclear on if she was singing to me- but my heart burnt in a way that wished she was, yet at the same time ...wish she wasn't.

Had I affected her in the way she had me? Could she see the glaring past and moments, every time she was reminded.

Could she see how she'd took my soul- and now I could no longer live?

Had my hands on her skin, stained her?

"You had a way of making me feel special, yeah" she continued, sitting on the floor, and leaning on some men sitting on the front lines- looking up at her.

She reached out to touch the face of one of them "Then take it away and say I wasn't special no" before snatching her hand back.

She was shaking her head, and teasing them, and they were ignoring her words- concentrating on her sultry murmurs and movements.