22 | Cold Shoulder

Laura's Pov

Waking up to that alarm the next morning kind of .. terrified me.

It wasn't because it was so damn early. Not because it was so so loud, but, simply because I knew what was for the day ahead.

My bags were packed- I only had to put a couple of utensils in last minute, and find an outfit comfortable enough for the plane ride, with some small hoop earrings and a claw slip that refused to catch all my short strands, leaving a few strands out in the front out.

Whatever. It went with the comfortable vibe.

I wasn't planning on sitting in that seat for hours in a pencil skirt

I wasn't planning on sitting in that seat for hours in a pencil skirt. Fuck professionalism.

Apperantly, that had turned into my motto lately, because what I did last night... oh, fuck professionalism, indeed.

I hadn't slept a wink since I came home, and only realized I'd left my cardigan behind, when I got home, even though it was freezing outside and I was only in a strappy dress.

I'd felt hot, scorching, the whole entire way back so it wasn't surprising that I'd forgotten it. Not like I'd have the balls to ever walk in there anymore and take it.

I didn't even have enough of those to face Ross today. I wasn't sure that I could look at his face and simply stay sane, calm, and collected in front of everyone. They were all looking up to us to make sure this trip went smoothly, but I wasn't sure I could say that to myself never mind anyone else.

I had to shove memories of last night somehow far deep in my brain, to even get in the car with Camille.

"I've never seen Edinburgh before" she spoke up "I'm so fucking excited to see everything. I even made like, a list of things we can do there after some research. There's some pretty cool places"

I continued to drive, nodding at her in agreement.

"The georgian architectural style alone is gorgeous, wouldn't you say?" she questioned "Bash had a few days off by the end of our week staying there, so I told him to fly in so we can do some fun stuff together"

I nodded again, more concentrating on the road ahead. The closer to the airport, the more my heartbeat quickened.

"I mean, I asked everyone to come, but obviously they were working. I guess you can't have everything" she sighed.

A few minutes of silence passed by, when she fully turned to me "Why are you so silent? I feel like I'm talking to a wall"

"Sorry" I whispered, pressing on my lip.