25 | The Welcoming

Ross' Pov

"You look like you're about to retire" Mer commented as she walked in the living room, where I'd just laid down on the couch, to rest after changing into something more comfortable.

I stretched my legs in front of me, and she kicked one of them as she passed, making me jump

I lifted the arm that was blocking the light from my eyes, sending her a glare.

"Your legs are way too long" she commented.

"So walk on the other side of the room"

"No" she replied.

"Okay then" I rolled my eyes.

She grinned down at me.

"I thought I told you to come help with setting up in the kitchen" she pointed out again, raising an eyebrow.

I narrowed my eyes at her "I'm still frozen from the cold. Your ass works from home, so you wouldn't know what that feels like"

"The dramatics" she huffed, pushing my leg to sit next to me "Aren't you supposed to be made of stone or something?"

"Ha ha" I sarcastically laughed, giving her an annoyed look.

She smiled at me again "Awe I missed that face"

"Alright" I let a breath out, as I got my sore body off the couch "That's it"

She laughed, still laying on the couch.

"Kids! Why am I doing everything alone?!" my mom yelled out from the kitchen.

"Because you refuse to hire a cook" I yelled back at her.

"Ross Lynch!" she threatened, opening the door to glare at me.

I smiled at her, as Guppy slipped through the door and came running to me.

"Shit, that's my phone" I spoke up, seeing my phone somehow on Guppy's hands, and it was vibrating.

"We're gonna need that a little bit" I spoke to her, scrunching down to take it off her hands.

She sent me an annoyed look, one very similar to Mer's, and I kissed her cheek, before looking back at the contact.

The humour shifted, as I made my way up the stairs.

It wasn't until I got to my room, where I answered the call.

"Chef"

I sighed- god there was nothing that put me in the worst mood than one of these calls.

"Yes Joseph"

"We might have a slight issue without you here. How long will you be gone?" he spoke at the end of the line.

"For how long I need to be away" I narrowed my eyebrows, sitting on the bed "What's the issue?"

"Dead Eyes"