3 - Unexpected

Arm's POV

Arm's POV

"I told you not to think too much. You would miss the train, buddy." Porsche said as we watched Macau and Dr. Top approaching us.

"Yes, you did."

...

Macau's POV

In my delusional mind, Arm would feel jealous. He would come after me...beat Dr. Top and take me from the club to a room at The Diamond Hotel. This would be my wild, sexy and romantic first time.

Delusional mind, I said.

In fact, they stopped to greet and chat to each other almost ignoring my existence.

Porsche saw a message from P'Kinn on his phone. He excused himself as he was going to look for P'Kinn who had apparently already arrived some time ago and was looking for him. Phones are allowed in the club tonight.

We went back inside the club towards the bar. Arm and Dr. Top continued talking excitedly. Two brilliant minds having a conversation that I could not understand a thing.

At some point I even thought they were made for each other. Damn it!

I sit at the bar waiting for the ice cubes in my glass to melt, bored.

"Macau! Macau!"

Tankhun's angry voice yelling my name resounded through the hall.

Pol looked at me with a puzzled face.

"Geez... You can be louder than a crowded room."

"Where is Dr. Top? Give him back to me, you brat!"

"Is he a thing for me to give you back?"

"You did that on purpose"

"If you want him, you're going to have to separate those two over there."

I point to Dr. Top and to Arm talking non-stop from a couple of meters away.

"What is he talking to Arm?"

"I've been asking myself the same thing..." I take a sip of my drink.

"I'm going over there to join them."

"Suit yourself. I gave up following the conversation when they started talking about radiation wavelengths."

"Radiation?"

"Apparently, they look up to the same geniuses, like the same books, go to the same symposia and were planning to team up for a League of Legends tournament. In short, they are a match made in a lab."

"Yeap, it doesn't sound good." Pol shakes his head, patting my back.

I hit my head on the counter, defeated by Dr. Top.

"So none of us are staying with Dr. Top." Tankhun grimaces in defeat too.

"Who cares about Dr. Top?!" I decide to get up.

Thankun looks at Pol trying to understand things.

"Where are you going?" Tankhun asks me.

"Home!" 

I feel too frustrated to go on partying at night.

"Nong Macau, wait...." Pol looks at me pityingly.

"I'm fine."

"You can't go out alone, Nong Macau. Stay with us."

"Don't worry, Pol. There's a lot of bodyguards outside the hotel to escort me home. My brother is paranoid that someone is going to take us."

"Hey, Macau...don't be silly! Have a good time. You don't need someone to enjoy yourself".

No one picks up on things as quickly as Tankhun. I know he's trying to cheer me up.

"Thank you, cousin...but I'd rather be alone now."

...

Before leaving the club I go to the restroom. I look myself in the mirror and I feel pathetic.

I lost Arm to Dr. Top?! My previous unrequited love?

Am I that unlucky?

Leaving through the main exit of The Diamond Private Club, I take the corridor that leads to the side exit of the hotel. I text my brother that I'm going home.

Before my hand reaches the door handle, I feel someone cover my mouth and hold my arms, dragging me to a restricted access door.

I try to struggle to free myself, but the masked person is stronger than I am. I can't reach my phone in my pocket.

There is no way out to call for help.

...