25 - One step ahead

Macau's POV

Macau's POV

"Macau..."

"WTF, Chay!" I spit on the floor feeling disgusted. "You throw up and then kiss me?! Oh, maaaan! I need a gallon of water!"

"I'm sorry, Macau! I just...I feel lonely..." Chay cries profusely. "Maybe Kim is not the right guy for me."

"Maybe not...But I'm not either! You're so drunk! I warned you not to drink so much!!"

"I'm sorry...."

"Okay...okay...I don't want to seem cold, Chay, but I'm done, bro...it's almost midnight. You settle your affairs with your boyfriend. I'm going back to the main family mansion to see mine."

I make a sign with my hands for my bodyguards to bring the car to drive us to the main family house.

Since we got to the bar area, I've sent some messages to Arm, but it seems they haven't even been read. I've tried calling him, but his phone seems to be out of order.

Well, I'm going to surprise him anyway. Tonight is going to be hot, babe...haha...no sleeping for you, Mr. Arm! I miss him so much!

...

Arm's POV

"Hey, Arm...are you ok? I'm sure if you guys talk..."

"Don't worry... it's okay...it's not that I wasn't expecting it. Macau is young... he has a lot to experience and enjoy in life."

"I think it's all a misunderstanding."

"We have eyes, don't we?"

"But..."

"See you later, Pol."

...

Nop's POV

"I'm almost at the main family's house."

"Right."

"Bring him dinner later."

Just like old times...Pete is going to give me hell, I know.

"Khun Vegas, when are you coming back?"

"I don't know. I hope soon. I want to take Arm with me in this trip."

"Arm?"

"I know I'm going to fight Tankhun and Macau over Arm, but it will be useful to have someone like him with me. After taking Arm, I'm going straight to the airport."

"The ghost team will accompany you both on your trip, Khun Vegas."

"Good. I've said that several times, Nop. But it doesn't hurt to warn again. Don't betray me. You only obey my orders. No matter how much Pete begs you, don't let him escape the mansion. He's the target, do you understand me? It's for his own good."

"Understood, Khun Vegas. Understood."

Vegas hangs up the phone.

This time, Khun Vegas is right. We must protect Pete.

"P'Nop...Arm is waiting at the entrance to the mansion."

One of the night security bodyguards comes to warn me.

"Arm? What is he doing here?!...Let him in. I will meet him at the main entrance door."

Pete's POV

Vegas took my phone and laptop.

After one last kiss and ignoring all my pleas, Vegas walked away leaving me chained inside the room.

Despite his insistence, I didn't say that the white king is Lian Wang.

It will buy me time.

I get up from the bed and open the nightstand drawer. The bottom of the drawer is fake. I take out two boxes. One in black velvet and one in wood. I open the wooden one.

I understand Vegas' reasons. I never imagined that I would be loved this much by someone.

I've given up trying to make Vegas understand that the person trained and prepared here to defend someone's life is me.

And his life, to me, is more important than my own.

So... in one thing he is correct.

I always try to be one step ahead of him.

I have to.

"CLICK"

I keep a copy of keys to the handcuffs, padlocks...anything Vegas has to keep me imprisoned.

He can no longer keep me here against my will.

After a quick shower and preparing a backpack, I'm almost ready to head out.

I grab a spare phone that's also inside the wooden box and my gun from the desk drawer.

I approach the door. I'm sure there are two bodyguards standing in front of the bedroom door.

I decide to sneak off the bedroom balcony to Venice's room. There are usually two bodyguards in front of his bedroom door as well.

It's all dark.

My little baby is sleeping.

I start talking to him whispering.

"Once again I will leave you alone, son."

I lean myself and kiss his forehead.

"Forgive me, Venice, but I can't let Daddy Vegas travel alone to shoot people. He's very naughty when he's angry. I'll ground him for disobeying me when this is all over. He gives me more trouble than you do, my little prince."

Suddenly the bedroom door opens... and the shadow on the wall makes me react.

All I hear is the sound of bullets piercing the crib mattress.

...

Author's note

I remember that in the novel Macau has depression (I think), but I prefer a cool personality for him in this fanfic... daunting and smart like Vegas. I'm not really going to change it because of VP novel...I'm giving up following the novel already. I prefer Macau like this...a fierce and good-natured young man. Maybe I'm influenced by the way I see Ta Nannakun...haha. By the way, the images below (unfortunately I couldn't find the video on Youtube) reinforces to me why I like the ArmMacau ghostship so much. Bas and Ta are fun and hot together. I love them.

See you next chapter!