47 - Why?

Vegas's POV

Lian Wang's cynical smile annoys me.

"What are you doing, Pete?" I ask angrily.

"...Fixing his hair..."

"Are you his fucking hairdresser now?"

"I'm sorry, Vegas!!!But...."

Pete turns to Lian Wang.

"Excuse me, Mr. Wang. This is really bothering me."

"Pete!!" I yell again, angrier.

But Pete ignores me.

He pushes a strand of Lian Wang's hair into place.

He is so fucking focused on that.

"Done! Done!!" Pete raises his hand and leans back to the armchair.

"Thank you, Pete. You are very attentive."

"It was just freaking me out for some reason..."

"I know..." Mr. Wang gives him a faint smile.

"Are you all fucking kidding me?!"

This whole shitty moment infuriates me in a way I jump over Wang to punch him.

We both go to the ground.

I straddle him, holding his neck tight...I'm read to punch his face hard as many times necessary to finish him off.

But Pete holds my wrist.

"Vegas, No!"

"WHY?? WHY NOT, PETE?!HUH?"

While I turn to look to Pete, furious, I sense Lian Wang's cynical face looking at us...he does not intend to defend himself.

He is enjoying Pete doing this for him.

"Don't screw my cover, Vegas."

"Why are you protecting him?!"

"I'm not protecting him. I'm protecting us. This is Tang Yi's club. This is the White Clan's Territory. I know you won't stop with a punch. It will be us being killed if this man dies."

I know Pete is right.

But I also know in my guts Lian Wang will do whatever in his power to bring us apart. I can feel it so clearly. Why?  Why Pete?

I turn to Wang.

"Why are you here?"

"I've came to praise your deeds, Vegas. Lee found Master Chen's whole clan and himself in such a miserable state. Corpses all over the place."

"You used me and Kamol."

"Hmm...a little. But it was all explained to Pete. You can catch up with him later. You did what you wanted to do, anyway. Just like your father, you have such a temper."

"Don't talk about my father."

"Why not? I say it in a good way. You already know we were close. That I was like a son to him."

He keeps provoking me.

"I'm not getting into your game."

"Does Pete know about that, right?!"

I feel some anxiety...

He is threating me.

I raise pression around his neck.

"Of course I know! Vegas told me everything about Khun Kan and you...he saved you! You should repay the courtesy to his son!!"

"Sure..." Wang says with difficulty...his fucking smile never fades on his face. "I will repay the favor to Khun Kan's son in the same extent of what his father might have done to me...and to y..."