17 - Before the storm [NC 18+]

Vegas's POV

Vegas's POV

After leaving bathroom, Pete sits between my legs, leaning his back at me. He holds a book to read while I hold him tight, kissing gently his shoulders and the back of his neck.

"Venice is so quiet. I'll check on him." Suddenly he puts the book aside.

"No!" I hold him still. "He's fine. Nop just gave him something to sleep"

"You drugged our baby!!"

"Not me! Nop!"

"Vegas!"

"Take it easy! It's not a drug, anyway...Dr Top prescribed some tea for him...to sleep more peacefully.

"Some tea? What kind of tea?"

"You know...those special green leaves we export...its use is controversial in some countries, but..."

"For God's sake, Vegas! Give me the prescription!"

Pete tries to get out of bed, but I hold him firmly in place.

"Of course I know what it is, Pete! I'm just making fun of you. He's fine. Our head bodyguard became a damn clingy nanny and you still think you're the only one who can take care of him?"

"I..." He turns his face to me.

When I see the bandage just below his chin, I worry.

"What happened to your neck?"

These last few days I've worked until late. I haven't noticed Pete's wound. That's why he was wearing a turtleneck shirt all the time, even to sleep.

"Don't worry so much. It was just a scratch."

Pete realized his neck was not covered and tried to do it with his hand.

"Pete...tell me what happened."

"A friend of Kim's was playing with a long spear and ended up hitting me. That's all."

"Who's that idiot?

"Don't mind idiots, Vegas. Don't frown! Promise that you won't do anything! I mean it!"

I wonder if I have to do everything myself. Nop and his team are incompetent! How they let that happen. If the security level does not improve...

"I can't leave it like this, Pete. I'm going to hit a spear in the middle of that guy's forehead."

"...To be honest..."

He turns to punch my chest.

"OUCH! Why are you hitting me?"

" 'Cause you already stuck a long spear inside that friend!"

"Who?"

"Jade..."

"Jade?!"

"Don't tell me you know lots of Jades..."