59 - Fenghuang (The Phoenix)

Vegas' POV

Vegas' POV

"Hey, do you know how hard it was to find you?!"

I raise my head.

"You."

"Where's Pete and Venice?!" Porsche asks me with a worried expression. Were you on the island with Pete's grandparents? Where's everyone, Vegas?"

I just hand the phone back to Arm.

"Pete, his grandparents and Venice are staying with relatives in the countryside."

"Were you able to talk to Pete?" I realize Porsche asks me in surprise. 

"Just briefly."

"Are they fine? I didn't know Pete has relatives in the countryside."

"They are very distant relatives, but offered to shelter them until they can return to the island." Arm says.

"What happened on the island?" Kinn, who had been quiet up until that point, asked, looking at me with a serious expression.

"Don't you know?! A fire started at the factory and spread across the island. Unfortunately, no factory security had alerted the main family security center or the coast guard. A tragedy, isn't it?!

"My men will investigate that...We'll give assistance to the families, of course."

"Of course..."

"Why are you shot?" Kinn asks me with clear suspicion.

"Well...Arm shot me." I point to him.

"You what?" Porsche turn to Arm.

"Uh...it was an accident."

"We are even, I guess." I smirk.

"Are you going to meet Pete?!" Porsche asks me.

"He needs time to heal."

"Was he injured?!" Kinn asked.

"I never should have left him there alone." I replied looking coldly at Porsche.

"Pete is fine, Khun Kinn." Arm rushed to answer. "He decided to stay with his family for a while...they deserve to rest...". Arm chooses his words carefully in a way he is not lying at all. "Now, I think Khun Vegas needs to rest too."

"Yes, my brother needs proper rest. Do you mind, cousins?!"

"Sure..." Kinn says looking slightly at me then turning to Porsche.

"Take care." Porsche says. 

They both leave.

I rest my head on the headboard, closing my eyes.

["Hey! Hey!"]

"Oh! You're still there, Khun Noo" Arm turns the phone to me and Macau who is by my side, stroking my hair".