16 - A price tag

Pete's POV

Pete's POV

"Should I be scared?"

"Maybe...you have an assassination order on you."

Jade watches me closely with a defiant smile on his delicate face.

"Are you the one who's going to execute it?"

The point of the spear presses against my skin, making a trickle of blood flow. It stains the collar of my shirt.

"You're very calm for someone who is facing death."

"And you seem particularly pleased to bring death upon me."

"Is it even necessary an assassination order?!"

"Hmm...you tell me"

I quickly grip the spear tightly with my right hand, craning my neck to the side. The movement makes a shallow cut in my neck.

With a kick to the center of the spear, it breaks.

We both draw our guns and aim at each other.

I continue to watch him closely. Jade maintains his cunning smile.

"Just kidding... I'm not the type to get my hands dirty. I don't have your order." Jade redraws his gun.

"Who are you?" I keep pointing my gun at his head. He doesn't show any fear.

"Zhou Yu Ming, 'the Jade Queen'". He makes the movement of the quotes with his fingers. "I inherited my mother's position in the chess room. I've came to Thailand specially to meet you, white Knight."

"Why is everyone suddenly using chess pieces name? Just call me Pete, P-E-T-E, Pete. Should I know you?!

"You seem annoyed...haha"

"It's almost time for Venice's baby food. You better start talking."

"Don't be so moody! I just wanted to know why Lian doesn't want to fuck me anymore, that's all."

"Uh? Who the fuck is Lian? And what do I have to do with you guys fucking or not, kid?! Is this a joke?"

"Of course you know Lian. The tall, handsome guy...to die for...?!"

"Never met. I'm husband is short."

"Hmn...Vegas...that naughty boy...he's not small though"

"You two already..."

Shut up, Pete! Why do you mind asking?!

"Can you keep this secret?! Kim would be mad at me."

He winks at me.

"Consider it forgotten. I only withhold important information. Vegas past lovers don't concern me."

"Your husband is delicious! And about Lian?!Who do you like better? I can't choose...maybe we four could have some fun together..."