55 - Betrayal

Summary chapter 12 of the novel VegasPete (original):

5 PM. Pete follows Vegas to an abandoned warehouse. Pete manages to dominate the bodyguards in front, but when he gets in, Pete is surprised by Porsche, Vegas and the other bodyguards. Pete sees Venice's mother tied to a chair and beaten.

Pete gets mad at Vegas for doing that to Venice's mother. Vegas tells Pete that Prim said she had a secret from Korn. That's why they are keeping her. They say Main Family drugged her and will kill her. Vegas says he never intended to kill Venice's mother. Porsche is cold about it.

Pete starts to fight with Porsche and hits Vegas too. Vegas tries to separate the two. Porsche shoots Prim and the bullet wounds Pete's stomach. Porsche drives Vegas away from the warehouse and Pete stays behind. Ray, the bodyguard Pete hired to protect Vegas, helps Pete out of the warehouse.

In the original VP Pete goes to the mansion to find Vegas who has multiple personalities, but before that Kinn follows his car and they park to talk. Pete says he didn't find anyone in the abandoned warehouse. Kinn implies that he knows that Porsche hates his father and that he knows that he and Vegas are up to something. Pete implies they should trust who they love.

My fanfic picks up from this point, where Pete looks for Vegas after talking to Kinn. However, he does not go to the mansion. He follows Vegas elsewhere...

...

Pete's POV

8 PM

"What is this place, Ray?!"

"I'm not sure Khun Pete...I've followed Khun Vegas to this place before. This is an old building turned into a kind of modern studio on the second floor."

"A studio?"

"I haven't been able to investigate further but it appears to be suitable for housing, sir."

"Housing..."

"There are around four bodyguards guarding the entrances, front and back, and other two in the lobby."

"Those bodyguards were in that warehouse...but they are not from the Main Family. Vegas must be inside...main security from the Minor Family Mansion said he is not there."

"Khun Pete...don't you think it's better to wait to talk to Khun Vegas at home?! Before that, you must go to the hospital, sir... you are injured... your shirt is soaked in blood."

"I'm fine. Time for you to go, Ray."

"I won't leave you alone, sir!"

"Vegas won't kill me. Look for Arm at the hospital. See if he and Macau are okay. I've trapped Nop in the mansion. Macau is without the protection of anyone I trust."

"But Khun Pete..."

"It's an order, Ray. Take the car."

"Yes, sir"