57 - You brought death

Pete's POV

Pete's POV

"Take these keys with you..."

Grandma said.

"...How can this be possible...?! Grandpa...grandpa is the white bishop and you grandma... you are the white queen?!"

"Listen Pete...we tried to stop them from hurting Venice...we tried...I'm so sorry, Pete...I'm so sorry..."

"Venice?!" I place my hand on Venice's face and his heart... "VENICE?! VENICE?! They hurt my son?!Where?! Why?!"

"Pete?!..." A turn suddenly pointing my gun to the shadow behind me while holding my motionless son.

I hadn't realized that armed men had entered the attic.

"Lian...?!" My grandma says surprised.

"Aunt Jui..."

"Dài tāmen huí jiā. Qǐng bǎohù tāmen...Lian." (Take them home. Protect them, please.)

"Shì de, Juì Fèng āyí." (Yes, Aunt Jui Feng.)

Although confused, I can understand what they say...this is mandarin.

Grandma holds my hand one last time and closes her teary eyes.

"Grandma?!Wake up!"

I look at my grandparents and my unconscious baby.

I feel my throat burning...and tears welling up in my eyes.

But I keep pointing the gun at the white king... "Don't come near." I say firmly.

"You can shoot me, Pete. But I just made a promise that I will fulfill."

Wang's bodyguards put my grandparents on stretchers and cover them with dark blankets.

"Pete...give me Venice." Assistant Lee covered in my grandfather's blood approaches.

My mind is confused. I don't want to let go of him.

"Give me Venice, Pete!"

"...He's cold...he's cold... I need to warm him..." that's all I can say repeatedly do Assistant Lee.

Assistant Lee checks him out.

"Pete..." Assistant Lee says my name but looks at Lian Wang.

"Take him, Lee." He commands her.

"We need to get him to Dr. Top." I drop my gun and stand with Venice to quickly get out of there. "Get us to the hospital now!"

"Pete...give Venice to Lee...she will take care of him." Wang says, calmly.

"Pete...give Venice to me." Assistant Lee holds out her arms to catch Venice.

"No! I take him!" I give a step back.