69 - For the one I love - part 2

Note: This chapter describes Kinn's memories of events that occurred throughout the story.

Kinn's POV – Present (video conference with Lian Wang)

"So you better keep with our deal." Lian Wang blatantly glare at me.

I regret that day at The Diamon Hotel...

That conversation flashes through my mind.

Memories from the past (related to Chapter 9 – Save your ass – original lines in bold, italic)

The Diamond Hotel - Room 1004.

"Pete! Stay away from him!" I point my gun to the man finely dressed in white.

"Of course...." The man raises his arms and slowly stands up.

His face is serene.

Pete is handcuffed to the headboard, unconscious.

"What have you done to him, you bastard!"

"Handcuffs?! Not me."

I threaten to shoot him.

"Pete is just sleeping...nothing to worry about."

"Who the hell are you?!"

"You know who I am...you took my Knight from me." He turns his head to Pete and touches his hair.

"Back off!"

"I know what happens to every member of my clan, Mr. Kinn. You helped Tianshi to get away from Sanya, abandon his mission and leave my clan." He turns to look at me again. "You owe me a white knight...but I'm willing to let it pass if you stay out of my way, "Red King". The friendly tone of his voice changes to a threatening tone.

This is the man Tianshi told me about.

How does he know about me? Maybe Tianshi betrayed me too...I don't know. I couldn't find Tianshi after he escaped that Island.

"I owe you nothing."

"Pete has an assassination order on him. As Red King, I bet you've seen it in trade history. You can't protect Pete as I can. That's why Pete must be returned to our clan."

"I will not negotiate with you."

"Are you sure? Besides saving Pete, I can give you interesting information about your cousin and your lover...don't you want to know what they do every night when you are not looking?!

"..." I feel my finger almost pressing the trigger.

"I want Pete back and you want your sadistic cousin out of your life once and for all...keep me updated with trades against my clan...I'll help you with them."

"How?!"

"Getting Pete from him...."

Is Pete that important to Vegas?! I can't believe it... Pete is just a toy for Vegas to get at me. If I take this deal, I can free Pete from Vegas and also get information I need to get rid of him.

On the other hand, am I taking Pete from one demon to give him to another?

He walks towards me and places his hand on my gun... "Meet me at the Chess Room" He smirks at me.

With his other hand he put an object inside my pocket.

He leaves the room.

By letting him go, tacitly I accept the deal.

I touch my pocket and feel the object...a white chess piece...a white king.

I approach Pete unconscious on the bed.