29 - Family orders

Pete's POV (events in the main road)

A hail of bullets hit our car.

"Get down!" I yell to Assistant Lee and Arm.

"Oh shit! You had to care so much about that baby. He's not even yours. You wanted to come to the main road. Now we have two cars full of heavily armed men behind us.

"Of course he is mine!"

"Would you be capable of putting a baby's life in the line, ma'am?" Arm questions Assistant Lee, shocked.

"Do you all need to give me this disapproving look? Damn! You two make me feel bad about myself."

Arm and I keep shooting, but our ammo is incomparably inferior.

"We can't go on like this, Pete. My clip of bullets is almost gone."

"Mine too, Arm...Hey, what are you doing, Assistant Lee?! Why are you turning the car around to face them?"

"They'll kill us if we keep like this."

"What's the plan?"

"Do you know why I was named the White Tower, Pete?"

"Because you are a spy who watches over everything...?!"

"And because I always strike straight ahead, my friend."

Assistant Lee takes two grenades out the compartment, and tosses one to me and one to Arm.

"WTF!!" Arm almost drops the grenade to the ground.

"I'll pass between them...you throw the grenades out the window, ok?!"

Assistant Lee doesn't give us time to respond. She accelerates the car and heads towards the two vehicles in front of us. Although Assistant Lee's car is bulletproof, in some level, the mercenaries' strong weaponry shatters the car's windows.

Those mercenaries clearly don't understand why we're heading towards them.

When the car reaches a speed that makes it shudder, we open our windows and toss the grenades just as we pass between them.

Our car nearly flips over with the force of the two explosions, but Assistant Lee manages to stabilize the car.

She stops the car.

"Are you alright?" Assistant Lee asks still holding the wheel.

"Yeah...are you okay, Arm?"

"My ears ache, but I'm okay."

"We'll have to get off the main road. Soon the police will show up."

"There's a shortcut ahead." I lead the way until we're off the main road.

"Soon we'll be in the hangar. The Jet is ready, Pete."

"Assistant Lee, stop the car." Me and Arm point our guns at her.