Chapter Forty Two

─────────────────────

"Oh no! I left Sunny in the car" Keul gasp. Chubby hands opened her red shoulder bag that no longer house her favourite stuffed toy.

Jimin drop his car keys in a jade bowl on the table beside the front door of his apartment. The sound of keys shuffle and the front door shut close.

"What?" He asked all he heard was Keul's gasp due to the sound of crunch coming from the plastic bags he was holding in his other hand.

" Sunny is in the car" Keul still has her coat on and a pair of red polkadot knee socks. She showed her empty shoulder bag to her dad.

"I'll go get sunny, you stay here" Jimin wore his boots again, he placed every bags in the table where his keys were now that he retrieved it again.

"But I wanna go with you daddy" Keul insisted.

Jimin would have agreed but they've come from a rainy and hectic day, went to buy groceries, have to wait because the line was long, and Jimin parked his car in the farthest parking space. Her daughter also complained that her feet hurts so Jimin went to buy ointment in the pharmacy where he also parked his car in the farthest of the lot. Plus his apartment is in the tenth floor and just a one unlucky day, the elevator is under maintenance.

Today isn't the greatest. That's why Jimin doesn't have any activities plan out for them. They're just going to watch SpongeBob all evening and play house tonight.

"It's raining outside angel and you'll get tired...just rest okay? I'll be back in ten seconds" Jimin opened the front door.

"Okay, I'll count" then he left.

Keul turned around and sprinted towards the living room. The entire space is quiet, so the little girl guessed that the uncle and the aunty is sleeping. She started to count and patiently waited in the couch, seated.

It's been a week. Keul has the best days and the not so good days but all in all she enjoyed her stay with her dad. Being with the aunty and the uncle is still uncomfortable because they are still reluctant of the idea of Keul staying in the apartment.

Keul notice their glares and the adult language they would say when her dad's not around. She may not understand the word overbearing and hindrance  but she knows that those are bad words and that they're intended for her. From time to time she avoids those two adults because she doesn't want to be a problem for them.

She's just glad that they don't touch her and starve her when Jimin's not home. Keul can tolerate being locked up in her room from time to time, she can at least play with her toys while her dad is away and the other two adults that she could only guess that are partying out there because Keul can hear the loud rock music or sometime slow music.

It's for the better anyways, she doesn't like the two adults and it's obvious they don't like her.

She got tired on the couch and decided to walk down the hallway to gather her energy up so that she'll have time to play before lunch.  While walking down the hallway her mind counted up to ten seconds.  She purposely counted slowly to be considerate just in case her dad have to rest in the car for going down the entire stairs.

But however, ten seconds have passed her dad is still not home. She patiently counted another ten but still Jimin's wasn't home.

She hop out from her bed and started to walk down the hallway passing two doors. One Belong to Jimin and the other was the guest room. When she reached the last door she heard a loud mumble from the guest room.