Chapter Fifty-one

Seokjin came to visit Jiyon to inform him about Hara's whereabouts. She hadn't seen his messages or in the group chat so he assumed she hadn't contacted Jiyon. He can't blame Hara for it because her phone is exploding with a bunch of notifications. 

He bought red velvet cookies that he baked together with Meo. They made a lot, so he's giving away most of it. He dropped Meo at his parent's house, since the way things were escalating it wouldn't be long until they found out that he was one of the baby daddies. Meo would be safe away from him. 

He hoped that it wouldn't get too troublesome.

As soon as he entered Jiyon's place, he was immediately greeted by caregivers and nurses. He used to smell the slight lavender in the air conditioning but now, it was replaced by a hint of that uncomfortable and needling smell from that of a hospital. Especially a doctor's office. 

Despite the respectful greetings he received from the people, he could not plaster just a smile to respond to their politeness. He wanted to, but it felt like his energy disappeared in an instant.

Seokjin knew something was up. 

They guide him to Jiyon's bedchamber, letting him open the door. 

He stood in front of the door with a lady beside him who glanced at him. Somehow, he can't find himself to open the door. 

His gut tells him that if he opens the door, he'll regret seeing the situation. He'd forget the perfectly well individual and is replaced by an unimaginable sight. To a man kinder than anyone he had met. Seokjin needs a moment to breathe.

The lady finally noticed his rigid figure. She took the liberty to open the door. The slight noise alerted Seokjin and before he could tell her to wait, the door was wide open. The lights slightly blinded him. He squints his eyes, a part of him refusing the jolt it open to see a heartwrenching sight, and a part of him wants to hope that, maybe he thought wrong. He's assuming sometimes so maybe, all of this are for a mild fever.

With that in mind, he opened his eyes and took a second for them to adjust to the light. 

Alas, his gaze finally fell on Jiyon, thinner when he last saw him, lying on the bed with monitors, machines, and a stand with a bag of blood that was hung on the hook. 

He let out a painful breath, eyes blurring from the sight. Seokjin has a soft heart, one that can be easily moved. 

With his free hand covering his gaping mouth, he stood in his spot, without moving a step. Jungkook greeted him but it passed his ears. All he could hear was a long ring and a faint beeping coming from the Holter monitor. 

Jiyon looked so sick. 

Bones are visible under his dry and pale skin. 

He saw Jiyon's mouth move but he couldn't hear anything. The ringing sounds went on and on.

It was only then interrupted when the lady from before tapped his shoulder. Sending him back to reality. 

He blinked his eyes. His pupils shrink at the realization of the situation. 

Jiyon is sick and no one knows. 

Seokjin's gaze fell on Jungkook who stood up in concern for his hyung. 

Except Jungkook. 

Does Hara know that? He wondered.

"W-how-wh" He couldn't utter a word. Stuttering while his eyes wander around the room. It almost looked like an emergency room, with all the fancy tech and UVs in the corner of the spacious room. It is a serious condition.