Chapter Forty Six

"I miss everyone" Keul whispered nose was tinted red and her eyes were slightly fluffy from the cries she performed earlier. She's not a big crier, if Keul would cry it's not the same as Keun or Meojin who cries loudly, she cries silently. Too silent that you wouldn't even know she was crying if you look at her intently. Good thing Jijeo was by his side to comfort her during her sadness. She couldn't thank enough that her brother's with her.

"Me too" Jijeo agreed. His stay with his dad was full of activities and fun, despite having many people around him like his grandparents and aunt, and a few cousins, it still make him lonely. Not always, but there are times when he thought 'I wish me and my siblings can eat this food' or simply 'Mommy would have a great time if we went together'.

He never voices it out to his dad because he doesn't want to make him feel bad. Jijeo's fully aware of why they suddenly got separated. He heard from Huin who heard it from the adults that this situation is a perfect way to get them to know one another- their fathers. 

As three and a half year old, Jijeo has so many questions that he wants to ask but couldn't for fear that he would look like a pushover and make things even more difficult than they are. He discovered that there are many possibilities that they all will be separated for good. His mind could not handle the thought of one day, leaving his siblings or his siblings leaving him to live with their fathers. Then who knows what will happen to one of them without them protecting one another, like what happened with Keul.

If the adults would ask him where he wants to live, he will immediately answer with his Mommy and siblings. 

"I miss playing with Meojin and Keun, I miss sleeping with Huin and I miss talking to Jae and Heun..."

"Mee too..." He pulled Keul in his arms and patted her head. He hugged her gently as a way to reassure Keul that his with her. The two were covered in a stripped blanket, the lights were turned off. The only source of light was the gray skies from outside. The rain is still heavy, not to mention it's still early in the morning but it already looks like it's evening.

"I want to see Mommy and everyone" She suddenly felt warm when she thought of her mother. "I hate being apart from everyone. It's scary" The gloomy weather affected their mood.

"Just a few days Keul... we'll see Mommy soon and we will never be apart again" Just eight days to go and everything will be back to normal. 

Jijeo hopes so.

"Time slows down when I'm away...does that happen to you too Jijeo?"

"Yeah...when I'm alone and have many thoughts" He needs to be a big brother.

"I don't want to go back to my daddy's home" She frown at the scary memories she had in that house. When she was there it felt like she need to watch her moves and be mindful of others. It's uncomfortable.

"You can stay here...with me and my dad"

"Can I?"

"Of course"

________________________________________________________________________________

It was morning once again. Hara woke up surprisingly feeling refreshed and light. Unlike her usual mornings when her body felt so heavy and drained. She no didn't have a dream about Baekhyun also, her dream was just a void. A void that mends each scar that her nightmares and longing created. Apart from that, she could also smell a very pleasing aroma. Buttery and tasty.

She opened her eyes to see the plain foggy dew painted ceiling. Hara stretches her arms to pull her resting muscles back to work. In the process, she realized that there was no one besides her in the grimy bed. No Keun or Hoseok in sight. The light peaks from the closed curtain. The boys were even kind enough to keep the curtains closed so she can sleep some more.