Chapter Forty Nine

To think what Yoongi thought was so wrong. 

Taehyung dropped his parents, together with Heun in Hara's place. He got Hara's permission first before leaving them off. True to her heart, she agreed for his parents to stay as long as they wanted. Hara's place wasn't his first choice at first because he's willing to rent a hotel for his parents' stay, he feels like he'll be just a burden for Hara if they stay in her home, overusing Hara's kindness is something Taehyung does not want. But Heun insisted, he was the one who begged him during their drive—telling his father that he wanted to show his grandparents his paintings and his siblings. 

Taehyung's parents were awed at their grandson's consideration, but of course, they converse about it with Hara, telling her their gratitude for letting them stay in her place. Hara was more than delighted to welcome them.

After he dropped them off, Taehyung decided to give Jiyon a visit, but along the way to Jiyon's place, he stumbles upon his childhood friend, one that he hadn't seen since separating paths in college. 

Akisha, his once next-door neighbor whom he met when her family moved into their street. He was seven and she was eight when they met. She came from Japan and moved here to Korea due to her father's job as a Sales Representative of a company, where he was required to stroll in a specific area as his promotion. They went to the same schools, joined the same clubs, were in the same class, and even favored certain things, like colors and food. She's adventurous and charismatic, everyone loves her almost immediately after meeting her, Taehyung too.

 Akisha left many good memories with Taehyung, memories that he kept in his heart. 

She's his first love, and they say first love tends to die down but after meeting her today, Taehyung's attraction which he once thought was long gone, suddenly came back. Her sunny and mature appearance didn't help either. Her once chubby cheeks he would pinch out of nowhere, are now structurally defined, her round orbs are now almond shape, her once straight smooth black hair that Taehyung loves to play with is cut shoulder-length short and is dyed into chestnut, emphasizing her oval shaped face.

He saw her waiting at the bus stop, she looked familiar and then he realized that it was her. He parked his car across the street and went to catch up with her. She was heading back home after dropping off her cats in the vet. Since she was heading the same way where he was heading, he offered her a ride which she gladly accepted. During this, they began to talk about the things they missed in each other's lives. Such as jobs, current address, what they did during college, and a whole lot more.

Yoongi is wrong. Akisha doesn't have the hopeless unrequited childhood crush, but Taehyung is the one who went through it.

"And he threw me the most used pickup line, stared me straight in the eyes with his mastered flirty look, and said 'I hope you know CPR because you just threw my breath away' and I dead *ss glance at him and told him 'I have asthma' and winked at him like this" She flirtatiously winked at Taehyung who glance away to avoid showing his blushing cheeks. Akisha exploded in a fit of laughter at the memory. 

He kept his feelings locked deep down in his heart, in fear that if he told her, he'd reject her and their friendship would be over.

"Man, I haven't seen you for like what, ten years?" Akisha works as a songwriter, she collaborated with a lot of celebrities not only here in Korea, but in the States too. 

"It's actually, seventeen years" and forty-six days at that. Taehyung kept counting, more like he unknowingly counted the days. It became a routine for him ever since she moved out. He'll constantly count the seconds, minutes, and then days until his mind would subconsciously count on its own.