2. Its a bit out of the blue

• NADINE •

I was waiting for my train when I heard a rattle

I was waiting for my train when I heard a rattle. I peeked over the edge of the pavement and saw a girl, a teenager to be exact, spray painting the inside of the tunnel.

At first, I was going to leave her there, but then I got a text from my fiancée.

Bennu: Hey, baby.
Bennu: do you have your list of bridesmaids yet? My auntie would like it soon-ish x

And at that moment, I realised I was still fucked.

I haven't exactly told my soon to be husband I don't have any friends. He has five brothers who all need, ideally, five bridesmaids, minimum: one bridesmaid, to walk down the isle with before I do with my Dad.

I've tried to think of solutions, none of them have worked. I'm desperate.

So when I caught a girl committing a literal crime in front of me, I thought I could threaten her into being my bridesmaid.

It's wrong, it's wrong. I know, I know.

But I really wasn't lying when I said I was desperate.

I wasn't really thinking when I got down on the track and started walking towards her in stilettos. And I'm not really thinking right now, with her sat beside me, probably wondering what the hell I want.

"Are you gonna call the police?" The girl asks, fiddling with a ring on her finger, and eyes plastered on the ground.

"No."

She shoots upright, no longer slouching. "You're not?"

I shake my head, "no."

She leans back on the bench again, "so what, then?"

It's better of just ripping the plaster off. Here goes nothing...

"I want you to be my bridesmaid." I tell her, at a rapid pace, causing her eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

"Did I hear you right?" She asks me, she did but she definitely doesn't think she did.

"Yeah... I want you to be my bridesmaid." I tell her, my heart skipping a few beats. "Please." I plead. "It's stupid, but I'd really appreciate it. I'll pay you."

She looks like she's lost in thought for a second, and I almost tell myself to walk away. But then she answers cooly, "sure." She nods her head.

I go to talk but she beats me to it, "but... can you pay for whatever dress I have to wear. Please?" She asks, appearing embarrassed.

I agree, immediately. "Of course!"

She smiles, like she's proud of herself for saying yes.

I go to wrap her in a hug, I don't miss how stiff she is but she quickly warms up and hugs me back just as lovingly. "Thankyou so much!" We both say at the same time.

We then exchange numbers and we hug again. I tell her I'll contact her soon about going shopping for a bridesmaid dress.

__________________________________

I pull up outside my fiancée, Bennu's, childhood home, where 4 of his brothers still live, one of them moved out also.

We're currently staying there for the week. We often stay there more than our own home, Bennu just loves his Dad and brother and I love them too, like they're my own family.

Bennu greets me as soon as I step foot into the kitchen, hugging me from behind and putting his head in the nook of neck. "How was your day?" He asks, kissing my jaw line.

I swivel around to face him, "good."

"Yeah? Wanna make it even better?" He asks teasingly.

I hit his chest lightly, "Bennu! Your family is sleeping under the same roof!" I laugh.

"They won't care." He says, softly.

I remember about my earlier encounter and decide to share the news, minus most of the story.  "I've got a bridesmaid list."

"Ah, cool."

"But I only have one." I tell him.

His hands trail down my lower back and grip my ass, "that's cool." He says, smirking as he massages my bum. "Have I met her?"

I shake my head, "no. But she's great, honestly. I think you'll like her." I tell him, remembering about her blue face. "Funny enough, she actually looked like you. A lot now I think about it."

He just tilts his head, "funny."

__________________________________

A very short second chapter, I apologise.
But I thought it was fitting.

Who can't wait until the wedding?