30. Robber

• THALIA •

I've felt more welcome and more at home after spending one morning with Gio's family than I ever have in my life

I woke up pretty early and decided to venture downstairs. I wasn't expecting two find some twins in the kitchen, arguing about who was gonna get to eat the last slice of bread.

I won't lie, it was awkward. Seeing the brother from Selfridges again. Because the last thing he said to me was, "stay out of my business".

When he saw me in his kitchen, I won't sugarcoat it, he was shell shocked. I saluted him and then went and asked the other brother, Matteo, where the glasses were. He told me to sit down whilst he poured me some water.

I talked to Matteo for a while. He's definitely the energetic one. It was 5am and he had enough energy for 3 households and a half. His brother, however, was lacking in enthusiasm. Occasionally he'd just slip in some snide comments.

It's weird though... despite Dominique being hostile, I still felt at ease. Safe - for the first time in a long while. It felt... nice.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Nikolai much. He seems pretty observant, not much of a talker. Axel seems like the softest, which is ironic, seeing as he looked like he had just gotten into a street fight.

I haven't really spoken to their Dad since the bar. I did want to ask him about why he was with Esmerelda and what she was even doing here. But I guess I'm not one to talk, because what the hell am I even doing here?

Gio asked me if I wanted to hang out with his family today. Sorry - let me correct that - Gio told me I was hanging out with him and his family today. I'm not exactly mad about it, but sort of nervous. There's something quite unnerving about hanging out with your friend... and their whole family. Specially when there's a lot of them. And all guys.

Gio chucked a grey hoodie and some black and red basketball shorts at me and told me to put them on. I look like fucking Adam Sandler. To complete the look, I asked for a cap, so that if I saw anyone I knew, they wouldn't know it was me.

Me and Gio chilled on his bed for a bit, watching some Netflix. But I need to go and talk to Mr Ford. Just get it over and done with. I turn on my side a little, "hey, uh... I need to go talk to your Dad."

He smiles in recognition, he knows why. "Okay, good luck. He's not always the nicest."

"Wow, thanks for the pep talk." I roll my eyes. Getting up off of the bed, I open the door and leave, closing it before I do. I make my way downstairs because I know his office is on this floor. However, what direction it is... I don't have a single clue.

"Don't tell me this is your poor attempt at trying to steal." A voice speaks bluntly from behind me. I swivel around on my heel to be met with a moody face.

I roll my eyes at Dom, "don't get your panties in a twist."

He smiles sarcastically, "shut up. Let me check your pockets." He reaches for my pockets, playfully or not, I don't know.

I swat his hand away, "you aren't serious, are you?"

He stares at me with a blank face.

"Oh my god, you are! Jesus Christ, I'm not trying to fucking rob you."

"Sure."

"Unbelievable" I mutter.

"If you're so innocent, let me check your pockets." He taunts, nearing me.

"Fuck. Off. Dipshit." I throw him the middle finger and he slaps my hand down. "Physical abuse much?" I joke.

"What are you two doing?"

We both turn around to meet the owner of the voice.

Mr Ford.

"She's trying to fucking steal from us."

"I'm not."

"She is, I caught her."

"I was walking down the stairs. And as soon as I stepped foot into the foyer, you said I was stealing. You watched me come down here." I say matter-of-factly.

"Sure."

"Look who's been silenced." I joke.

"Shut up, man. Just show us your damn pockets."

"Fine. You want to see my fucking pockets," I reach into Gio's shorts and pull the pockets out, so the fabric is sticking out. "Nothing. See?!"

"And the hoodie?"

I can't really turn the hoodie pocket inside out, so I grab onto his hand and stuff it in the pocket. He rolls his eyes, "it's probably in her bra."

"Sure, Dominique. It's in my bra." I say sarcastically, fed up with this dude.

"It definitely is!" He throws his hands up in defeat, his brooding exterior fading.

"Enough!" Mr Ford snaps, at both of us? At me? At Dom? "Dom, go shower. You stink of alcohol, it's disgusting." Before Don can even argue, his Dad pats him on the back and turns his body in the direction of the stairs. Dom walks off causally.

"Sorry, I didn't steal. I swear!" I tell the tall, middle-aged man in front of me, and I try to sound as sincere as possible.

"It's fine, I know you weren't. Don't worry about it." He tells me solemnly.

Just when he's about to walk off, I accidentally unconsciously grab onto his arm. He turns around and I immediately take it off. "Oh my god - I am so so so sorry! Jesus, sorry."

He chuckles deeply, "it's fine." He raises an eyebrow as if to say go on.

I take a deep breath and exhale. "Is it okay if I talk to you? About... yesterday."

"Of course. Follow me, we can speak in my office."

I follow him to his office. Here goes nothing.