3. A blue dress

• THALIA •

Wednesday lunch time:

As I sit on the roof of the shabby place I can barely call home, I smoke a cigarette, watching the smoke evaporate into thin air intensely.

The sky is clear today, no clouds in sight.

Most would say it's the best type of day. Me? I prefer the rain. Gives me an excuse to stay indoors.

My near broken phone vibrates beside me.

I pick it up, switching it on, expecting it to be Sarah, my boss at the corner shop I work at. Instead the name NADINE pops up on the screen. I unlock my phone, going onto messages.

Nadine: Hey, lovely x
Nadine : Are you free today, I was wondering if      
              you'd want to come shopping with me?       
             To pick out our dresses and maybe get a
             coffee?
Nadine: let me know xx

I immediately text her back, wanting to see anyone but who I know.

Thalia : would love to :)

Nadine : Great, I'll pick you up, if you could just
                text me your address.

I text her my address and postcode, and nearly 15 minutes later, she pulls up.

I rush outside, not wanting her to come in. She seems like a fancy woman, my home is the opposite.

She looks shocked when she sees me rushing out the driveway.

"Wow, what's the rush?" She laughs.

Her dark hair has been left down, slightly curled. She's dressed in a tight, leather cami top and leather trousers, along with black heels. She looks like a goddess ready to kill all the Gods who disrespected her.

Fuck I wanna be her.

"You look beautiful." I can't help but say, but quickly cover my moth with my hand, wide eyes.

She laughs, rosey lips upturning into a smile. "God, don't look like you regret complimenting me that much."

I laugh alongside her, knowing she's messing.

"But seriously, what's the rush? Don't want me to see you home?" She asks, her big brown orbs looking straight into my soul, it's a little worrying.