15. Brat

• NADINE •

I'm sat with Rich, talking about random shit, when he asks me something pretty out of the blue

"This friend of yours, Thalia, she said she didn't have a last name, what's that about?" He asks, like he's extremely intrigued.

"It's not my place to tell her whole story. But she's in the foster system. Doesn't really know her parents. Can't remember the first two years of her life with her mum, and her Dad is just sort of non-existent."

He nods his head, taking the information in and processing it. "She has a foster family right now?"

I nod, "a few days ago. But I picked her up and she sort of... ran away. They hurt her. The woman slapped her. I forced her to come with me. Those people, they were just trying to make her someone she wasn't."

He shakes his head, like it's hurting him to hear. "That's messed up. I would never dream of hitting a child."

"I know, there is some messed up people living on this earth."

"So, she must be under 18?"

"Mhm, 16."

It looks like there are a bunch of clogs going off inside his head. "Same age as Gio."

I sigh, "yeah. Same birthday aswell, did you know. They look freakishly similar. I mean, not just them two, Thalia looks like all your boys."

He nods, agreeing. "Yeah, she really does..."

We start talking about when me and Bennu are going to go on our honeymoon. We tell him in a weeks time. We decided not to do it straight away.

We stand up, hugging. But just before we say goodbye, he tells me, "why don't we all have dinner tomorrow. At ours, you can invite your friend."

I nod, "yeah, that would be amazing, actually."

He smiles, "great. Congratulations Nadine. We are happy to have you apart of the family. I mean you already were, but it is finally official."

I smile wholeheartedly, "Thankyou so much, honestly, from the bottom of my heart."

He smiles back, "I love you like your my own daughter."

We say goodbye and I go and find Ben. As soon as our eyes meet both of our faces light up.

His personal driver drives us back to our house and as soon as we get in the house. We show each other how much we really love each other.

_________________________________

• THALIA •